North Carolina February 11, 2016
These 16 Spots In North Carolina Are Picture Perfect For Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. The day of chocolates, love, sweet cards, cute gifts and of course – ROMANCE! Luckily, North Carolina is the perfect place for a romantic day. Between natural beauty, delicious restaurants with a view, and even charming towns. If you’re a last minute planner like myself, here are 16 ideas for that picture perfect day.
1. A romantic kiss beneath the beautiful Dry Falls. How romantic!
2. A dinner with a 'vue' in Asheville at Vue 1913.
3. Stroll down the cobblestone streets of Winston-Salem hand-in-hand. Visit the museums and gardens.
Don't forget to stop by the bridge for a romantic kiss!
4. If you're in the Queen City grab a delicious dinner with an unbeatable view at Fahrenheit.
5. Biltmore Estate is beyond romantic. It's perfect for an old-fashioned romantic or one who loves an elegant setting.
Don't forget to take a stroll through the gardens for a bit of seclusion. Perfect for stealing a quick kiss or two.
6. If you're in the Piedmont - waited till the last minute now everything is booked...Drive to the top of Pilot Mountain, pack a romantic picnic, and catch the sunset.
7. Take a Sunday drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Find a great overlook for a beautiful sunset view.
8. Prove your love is going in the right direction at Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
9. Hike Craggy Gardens Trail...it's like something from a fairytale!
The view from the top isn't so bad either!
10. North Carolina has an abundance of beautiful vineyards and wineries. Perfect for a relaxed Sunday wine tasting.
Treehouse Vineyards even has adorable treehouses available for rent!
11. It'd be unfair to say one beach is more romantic than another. Nothing beats the romance level of a beachside sunset cuddled up on the sand.
12. McGill Rose Garden in Charlotte is wildly beautiful, perfect for a romantic picnic.
13. Sarah P. Duke Gardens in Durham are perfect for a beautiful day in a beautiful place. Picnic, a stroll, even just enjoying each other's company.
14. Go for a little thrill and a little love at Hanging Rock State Park. Hey, you can pop some bubbly and celebrate your special bond on a rock ledge...pretty cool.
15. Nothing says romance like French cuisine, a wine bar, and a riverside view at Le Catalan in Wilmington.
16. And if all else fails, North Carolina is home to plenty of gorgeous wide-open fields away from it all....great for cuddling up in cozy blankets and stargazing.
Even if you’re single, these are great options for a girls’ night out or even a day trip to explore. What are your Valentine’s Day plans in North Carolina? What did you think of our list? Tell us in the comments!