There are plenty of reasons to boast about the Tar Heel state, but in my personal opinion, there’s no denying we’re also the best state. You really can’t beat all of the amazing things North Carolina has to offer. But really makes us ‘so special?’ Well, basically we’re the whole package, but these things especially.
1. NOTHING beats southern cooking. Buttered, fried, topped with gravy...it's delicious for a reason.
2. Esse quam videri.
Our state motto means, 'to be rather than to seem.' It's pretty true North Carolinians are great people, who will always keep it real with you. But it also encompasses our whole, beautiful state.
3. Our roads can drive you right through the most gorgeous parts of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
4. And they also drive you through the most gorgeous parts of the coast.
With the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Pamilico Sound on the other.
5. Nothing else compares to fall in North Carolina.
A time of perfect temps, when everything in the air is pure magic!
6. There's always an adventure waiting.
HIking, the beach, surfing, spontaneous road trips. There's always something to do.
7. Nothing beats a summer week on the beach.
Spent with family and friends. Luckily we have beautiful beaches. I always look forward to this each summer.
8. Speaking of the beach, you can be at the beach in the morning and the mountains by night.
But you'll want to take plenty of pit stops and see all the sights in between.
9. Back to food...
Our BBQ is delicious, our restaurants amazing and diverse. North Carolina really is a foodie haven, with its own cuisine and unique dishes to boot.
10. It's a place that immediately feels like home.
Maybe you're a recent transplant or maybe you've lived here all your life. North Carolina always will be home, and it's a place that never really leaves you, either.
Honestly, I feel like I could go on and on with why North Carolina is so amazing. But i’ve made my list. Now I want to hear what you think. Any reasons you would add?