It’s hard to believe that soon, we will be halfway through September! Really, where does the time go? With Labor Day behind us and fun fall events to look forward to, everyone is starting to get into that cozy, colorful, autumn mindset. How can I tell? Here are twenty signs.
1. Starbucks has officially declared the start of fall by releasing their pumpkin spice latte
It's not fall until Starbucks says it's fall. Hashtag PSL.
2. Oh, and everyone else is jumping on the pumpkin spice bandwagon
3. Panther's football talk has become everyday conversation
And you're planning your weekends around football.
5. And there's lots of basketball talk in the air
I don't know about you, but I'm ready for November.
5. In certain parts of the state, mornings and nights can be a bit chilly
6. And even throughout the state, there have been some days that were decently mild
AKA, we weren't sweating just walking to the car.
7. You can't wait to bust out your awesome scarf collecton
8. And your favorite pair of boots
Oh, and validating the fact that you will def. have to buy a new pair this fall. I mean, trends, right?
9. But you've seen someone wearing both now, and it just makes you feel kind of sad for them
It's like 80 degrees..still..
10. You've checked the dates of when your favorite pumpkin patch opens
11. You've debated if you want to do Scarowinds, a haunted house, a haunted maze, or all three
Oh, and there's ghost tours too!
12. You've noticed the leaves changing ever so slightly
I live in the northwestern part of the state, everyday it is a struggle between...are those leaves actually yellow or is my mind just excited for fall?
13. Hotel, lodging, cabin rentals in the western region of the state have already gone up
Leafers, man. For a long weekend, your best bet is a BnB.
14. You're greeted by an array of spOoOky items every time you walk into a store
Too early to buy these cute singing pumpkins? No, of course not!
15. You've discussed fair plans with at least one person
16. And a bonfire
17. All the cute, cozy college towns are now packed to the brim with students
It's not a bad thing, if you're under the age of twenty-four.
18. Apples taste better
It is apple season! Time to go apple picking, or stop by a farm for plenty of apple goodies.
19. You've looked at this, because timing the exact peak of leaf season in the Blue Ridge can be REALLY tricky
20. Summer is no more
Once the first pumpkin spice latte is made, summer is long gone. Sure, it might be 85 degrees today, but fall is officially here (in our hearts at least). Yay!
What did you think of our list? What would you add? Tell us in the comments below!