Sunsets are beautiful, but what about their brighter sister, the sunrise. While sunsets signify the closing of a day and a dark night ahead, sunrises have their own special magic. The rising sun represent a new day, new beginnings, and a second chance. These gorgeous pictures perfectly capture the fresh start each beautiful North Carolina morning gives us.
1. "Moody Monday" by Zach Frailey
A dense layer of fog sets a moody sunrise off the coast of NC.
2. "Smokey Mountains Sunrise" by Bob Jagendorf
Lush lavender hues fill the Smoky Mountains on this Carolina morning.
3. "Misty Morning Sunrise" by Kim Seng
The quiet Blue Ridge Parkway covered in bright orange fog instills the sense of adventure each new day holds.
4. "Tide Watchers" by Zach Frailey
Eager surfers start their day after a beautiful sunrise on Emerald Isle.
5. "Sunrise Silhouette" by Kathleen and Ryan Rush
In the distance, a blazing sun rises behind the Bogue Inlet Pier on Emerald Isle.
6. "Sunrise at Black Balsam" by Matthew
Captured just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, this beautiful picture displays the mountain 'blue' in all its glory.
7. "Price Lake Sunrise Between the Leaves" by Matthew Paulson
A cool mist rises off of Price Lake as morning settles in.
8. "Sunrise, Sunset Beach" by Jim Dollar
Spectacular deep purple hues cast an enchanting light on the ocean in early morning.
9. "Monday Fog" by Zach Frailey
No case of the Mondays here in New Bern. This countryside sunrise makes for a picturesque, quaint scene.
10. "Mountain Splendor" by Alistair Nicol
Peaceful mountains sit in the distance as a colorful new day beckons.
11. "Blue Ridge Sunrise" by Brian Hathcock
Dark clouds whisk over the Blue Ridge Mountains as the vibrant first colors of day appear.
12. "Rays" by Jim McCullough
Off the coast of the Outer Banks, a fisherman waits to make the day's first catch while enjoying a peaceful sunrise.
13. "Blue Ridge Sunrise" by Curt Fleenor
A bright new day awaits right off the Blue Ridge Parkway.
14. "Craggy Pinnacle Sunrise" by Jeff Sents
Luscious hues of purple and burgundy welcome in a brand new day over the Pisgah National Forest.
15. "For Ever and Ever" by Zach Frailey
A new day means a new direction, and this metaphorical picture captures just that in Frisco.
16. "Light my Fire" Frank Kehren
Jim Morrison has nothing on this dense, fiery sunrise engulfing the Appalachian Mountains.
17. "Outer Banks Sunrise" by Karen Blaha
A warm sun rises over the Outer Banks as rushing dark blue waves roll ceaselessly with the tide.
18. "Bestowed Upon by Helios" by Victor
A long rainy night often proves to have the most breathtaking sunrises over Mount Pisgah.
19. Cape Hatteras Sunrise by Bryan Elkus
Warm yellow clouds embrace a new day as the Carolina blue sky makes itself known.
20. "Metalmorphosis Statue Charlotte" by Alex G.
Even avant-garde art enhances the artistic sunrises witnessed each morning in North Carolina.