New York May 28, 2016
14 Things You Really Have To Do In New York This Summer
It’s time to celebrate; we made it through the cold! While this year we may not have had the most harsh of winters, somehow the mildly cold weather seemed to drag itself out all the way until, well…now. This week the temperatures rose to where they finally should be, forcing many of us to break out all our extra fans, and had us cranking up the air conditioning. But don’t you worry, we’ve long waited for this gorgeous weather and you won’t find us complaining about it! Now that Mother Nature has breathed life back into our surroundings, it’s time to get outside! Every one of our residents may have their own personal bucket list for this summer, but these 14 things to do in New York are a complete MUST!
1. Grab your camera and take an adventure to a waterfall you've never visited before!
Waterfalls, one of the things our resident often praise the most, can be found in abundance in New York. Need a little inspiration to figure out which waterfall you should visit next? Check out our two waterfall road trips and more,
2. Break your regular routine and dine somewhere new, preferably somewhere with an outdoor patio.
so many delicious restaurants
hiding right in New York, it can be a bit overwhelming when deciding to choose where to eat. From breathtaking rooftop restaurants to places you'd never think to look inside, our state knows the right way to win over your heart and that's to go straight through your stomach!
3. Race to the clouds and go hiking on any one of our incredible mountains.
With the Adirondack's 46 High Peaks and the Catskill's 3,500 Club, there's plenty to keep you busy this summer when it comes to hiking mountains. No matter what your experience level is,
there's a mountain
for almost everyone in New York to take on! From long days spent climbing our tallest mountains to quick trips to our more doable hikes, you won't regret getting outdoors this summer.
4. Get your adrenaline pumping at one of our exciting amusement parks.
New York is filled some of the best amusement parks you'll come across. From iconic parks that you'll remember seeing featured in your favorite movies, to amusement parks you've never visited before that are filled with mind-blowing roller coasters, your heart will be racing! Our suggestion? Make a trip out to Darien Lake Theme Park!
5. Splurge on a hot dog and spend the day in the sun at Yankee Stadium.
Because there's nothing quite like spending a foolish amount of money on a New York hot dog, am I right? While our state is home to many remarkable sports teams, there's something about Yankee Stadium that will just simply wow you.
6. Take it easy and stroll through one of our fairytale gardens.
We can't help it! We're naturally drawn to any sort of greenery. With so many
in New York, there's surely one in your region that's worth visiting.
7. Spend a day cooling off at the lake!
Who needs a pool when you have all these
right in your backyard?
8. Perhaps you'd be more interested in taking a dip in one of our more remote swimming holes.
While we tend to keep most of the good spots secret, here are 7 epic
to check out this summer.
9. Or maybe what your heart truly desires is to jump into the ocean.
Make a trip down towards our beautiful Long Island and spend the day getting to know our oceanic beaches a little bit better!
10. Looking to stay on land? Cool off with a nice ice cream treat!
Some days, all we have the energy for is to grab as many scoops of ice cream as we possibly can and pray we don't induce our own severe brain freeze.
11. Take the whole family to the zoo.
You'll never be too old to visit the zoo! Speaking of old, did you know our Buffalo Zoo is the third oldest zoo in all of the United States? If you haven't yet taken a trip, this summer is the perfect time to go!
12. Unwind and visit one of our deliciously thirst-quenching wine countries.
From the tips of Long Island out to our beautiful Finger Lakes, New York's grapes know how to perfectly relax you. This summer is the perfect time to check out our Finger Lakes Wine Trail!
13. Let your inner explorer out and run wild at one of our fascinating state parks.
Pull yourself off the couch and stretch those New York legs out! This summer is the perfect time to go exploring through one of our
14. Spend the night under the open sky.
Sometimes we just need a
fresh air. While there are a ton of unbelievable
spots in New York, there's also a ton of beautiful glamping spots as well. If you're not looking to completely rough it out, check out these
Is there something you’re looking forward to doing in New York this summer? Share with us what your favorite summer activities are in our state!