Sure, the other 49 don’t always have nice things to say about us, but no one complains about New Jersey more than New Jerseyans. I get it. As a born and bred Jersey girl, I see the pitfalls, but I also see the perks. For every reason to leave New Jersey, there’s a better reason to stay.
1. When you were stuck in traffic, but realized the destination was worth it.
Blue skies over Ocean Grove on the Fourth of July.
Bayonne, from the port. A beautiful place to start or end any cruise.
2. When summer ended and it seemed like there was nothing to look forward to, except the amazing fall foliage.
This gorgeous shot was taken at Green Pond.
A picture perfect shot of New Jersey's Palisades in autumn.
3. When you hated the cold, but remembered that winter sets the stage for scenes like this.
The magnificent Manasquan Reservoir.
A frozen pond near Freehold.
4. When you were complaining about Camden, but remembered Collingswood (and the rest of our charming towns.)
Collingswood at Christmas.
Picturesque Clinton has so much to offer.
5. When you wanted to escape suburbia for the city life, but discovered all New Jersey has to offer.
The legendary Stone Pony is just one of our many epic music venues. There's no shortage of entertainment options in New Jersey.
NJPAC is one of the largest performing arts centers in the United States. We've also got a multitude of museums, endless dining options and so much more.
6. When you wanted to flee from the chaos and live a simple farm life, but realized why they call this the Garden State.
New Jersey has over 700,000 acres of farmland.
And more horses per square mile than Kentucky.
7. When you’re stuck in line at an overcrowded shopping mall, but are grateful for the incredible variety of goods.
Willowbrook Mall in Wayne.
The Mall at Short Hills, in Short Hills. Soon, New Jersey will be home to the largest mall in America - The American Dream in East Rutherford. I'm not sure yet how I feel about it, but it will certainly be interesting.
8. When you live in the shadow of a massive city and don’t see many stars, but get to see this instead.
The Manhattan skyline.
Philadelphia at night.
9. When you forgot that New Jersey isn’t all highways and airports, but saw something that reminded you.
A spectacular sunrise over Seaside Park.
A breathtaking shot snapped in Sussex County.
10. When the cost of living was phenomenal, but so was the quality of life.
Wharton State Forest. New Jersey is a paradise for hikers, bikers and nature lovers.
Higbee Beach, Cape May. We have some of the cleanest beaches in the nation, but that's only just the beginning. Where else can you find SO MUCH in such a small state? From skiing to surfing, mountains to meadowlands, education to entertainment, we really do have it all.
I can’t imagine loving any state more. If you do leave, it’s almost impossible not to miss it. There are so many reasons why my
heart will always be in New Jersey, what are yours?