New Jersey February 05, 2017
11 Things No Self-Respecting New Jerseyan Would Ever Do
There are certain things almost all New Jerseyans do. We’ve waited to go somewhere so that we might avoid rush hour traffic, we’ve been grateful for malls when last minute gift shopping, we’ve spent at least one night gambling a bit too much in Atlantic City… But there are certain things you’ll probably never catch us doing. Here are eleven of those things, each accompanied by a gorgeous photo of the Garden State.
1. You'll never hear us say Joisey.
Photo taken at Cape May Point.
2. Catch us driving the speed limit? That's probably not going to happen.
Echo Lake Park in Mountainside
3. We won't be found supporting the Red Sox. Go Yankees! Or Mets! Or Phillies!
Along Nursery Road in Hopewell.
4. You won't find us favoring pizza/corn/tomatoes/bagels from out of state.
Photo of Jersey City.
5. You won't catch us hating on New Jersey music scene. It's certainly one of the best around.
Sand dunes in Barnegat Light.
6. We wouldn't be caught dead taking our beaches for granted.
Sea foam near Spring Lake.
7. You won't find us grabbing late night grub at a fast food joint. Diners all the way!
The Red Mill in Clinton.
8. You're not going to hear us talking about the "New York" Giants or Jets. They're Jersey teams to us.
Taylortown Resevoir, Pyramid Mountain Park.
9. Not complaining about taxes. It's a way of life here. Common ground. It brings us together.
An amazing shot snapped near Avalon.
10. You'll never find us being neutral when it comes to the terms "Pork Roll" and "Taylor Ham."
Along the Delaware River near Mercer County.
11. Not spreading the gospel of Wawa. You know we need to share it with our out of state friends, if only to remind them what we have.
Sunset near Hope.
What would you add to this list? For more New Jersey pride, check out these
10 reasons why the Garden State will always be home.