Good old New Jersey… There are a lot of stereotypes surrounding our state, so why not have some fun with them? Even if your life isn’t even remotely similar, you’ll “get” this list if you’re from New Jersey, and maybe you’ll even have a laugh or two. Without further ado, here are 15 steps you need to take to have the most New Jersey day ever:
1. Start your day right with a Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese.
The word sandwich is unnecessary, but a hard roll is essential.
2. Get highly offended by the use of the words, "Taylor Ham."
Especially if you're from South Jersey. This is a highly contested subject, discussions can get heated.
3. Have a debate about Central Jersey.
We like to "debate" things here... Does it exist? What are the borders? Princeton is pictured - North, Central, or South?
4. Get ready for your day. Use lots of hairspray.
Big hair, don't care. Maybe throw on some bronzer while you're at it.
5. Blast some Springsteen, Sinatra, Houston or Bon Jovi.
There are so many talented musicians to come out of our state. Frankie Valli, Paul Simon, Queen Latifah, Connie Francis, Lesley Gore, John Gorka, Lauyrn Hill, Debbie Harry, and, of course, The Jonas Brothers.
6. Snack on some fresh fruit.
The Garden State has plenty. Fun fact - the blueberry as we know it was cultivated right here in Whitesbog.
7. Or have some pizza for lunch.
Jersey does it best. New York is good, too. Nowhere else is the same.
8. Watch one of the New Jersey shows everyone loves to hate.
Like Real Housewives of New Jersey or The Jersey Shore.
9. Or show your pride and watch a classic Jersey film!
Like Jersey Girl, Jersey Boys, Garden State, Clerks (filming location pictured) or, my favorite, The Toxic Avenger.
10. Head to the Jersey Shore.
Who doesn't love the Jersey Shore? The pride and joy of New Jersey! Photo of Seaside Park.
11. Visit AC if you're in the area.
Almost every New Jerseyan has been here at least once. You love it or you hate it.
12. Get stuck in traffic on the way back.
Traffic and New Jersey go hand in hand.
13. Throw out a few four-letter words.
The New Jersey charm we're known for... I swear we don't all swear like sailors!
14. Tawk like this, just because.
And hava cuppa cawfee while you're at it. What do you think, do New Jerseyans really have an accent?
15. End your night at a diner.
We are the diner capital of the world!
What do you think? Is this the most “Jersey” list ever? What else would add? Share your opinions, I know you won’t be shy – us New Jerseyans aren’t afraid to speak our minds.