New Hampshire March 30, 2016
These 11 Crazy Laws in New Hampshire Will Leave You Scratching Your Head In Wonder
New Hampshire isn’t big on government regulation, but despite our “live and let live” attitude, some downright dumb laws are still on the books. Supposedly these laws made sense once upon a time, but we’re really not sure why.
1. It is illegal to pick up seaweed off the beach.
2. “No person, while hunting or obviously on his way to or from hunting may have a ferret in his possession, custody or control.”
3. A 1971 law regulates the opening in sugar shakers in restaurants. It must be less than 3/8 of an inch.
4. In Claremont cemeteries it is illegal to get drunk, enter at night, or enter by oneself if you are under 10 years old.
5. Any cattle that crosses state roads must be fitted with a device to gather its feces.
6. You may not tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern or café.
7. You may not run machinery on Sundays.
8. You cannot sell the clothes you are wearing to pay a gambling debt.
9. In White Mountain National Forest, it is illegal for a person to pick up trash, build a bench, or otherwise “maintain the national forest without a permit.”
10. It is illegal to show a movie before 2 p.m.
11. On Sundays, citizens may not pee while looking up.
Which of these laws have you broken?