1. You take those Nevada sunsets for granted.
There’s nothing like the sun setting in the desert.
2. You’re casual about rattlesnakes.
So, there’s a rattler in your backyard? Big deal. You remember that they’re poisonous, right?
3. You keep a couple gallons of water and a bottle of sunscreen in your car at all times.
You know better than to get stuck in the desert without them.
4. You don’t know what it means to pay for parking.
There’s no shortage of big parking lots full of free parking here.
5. All your friends know how to pronounce “NevADa.”
Maybe you should visit a lame state for a few days, just to remember how annoying it is to hear people say “NevAHda.”
6. You can’t imagine not being able to get everything you want 24/7.
In other states, shops and restaurants actually close at night. Crazy!
7. You always watch for cows on the road when you’re driving in areas away from Nevada’s cities.
Those annoying cows love to pop out onto the road when you least expect it! And, you know at least one person who’s hit one and totalled his car.
8. You don’t realize that people in other parts of the country don’t hear coyotes every night.
Can you imagine trying to sleep with nothing but crickets making noise?
9. Slot machines in the grocery store seem normal.
You do realize grocery stores elsewhere don’t have slot machines, right?
10. October 31st is not just Halloween.
It’s Nevada Day! It’s hard to believe that some people think it’s all about the costumes and candy, right?
11. You’re accustomed to binge-watching Netflix in July and August.
It’s HOT outside. You might as well hang out in the air-conditioned TV room.
12. You’re spoiled when it comes to restaurants.
Top-rated chefs. Every kind of ethnic food imaginable. Some of the best steaks in the country. Yeah, we have that.
13. You wonder why it’s so chilly outside.
The thermometer only says “95 degrees”...and it’s June.
14. You don’t understand what the big deal is with major league sports.
I mean really...minor league sports are much more interesting. And more affordable.