1. Reno has a top-notch university.
Founded in 1874, University of Nevada, Reno is a national Tier-1 University offering undergraduate and graduate degrees.
2. Reno has tons of beautiful parks.
Parks for people and pets! This is Idlewild Park, just one example of Reno's gorgeous regional parks.
3. Reno’s casinos entertain us.
Not only are the casinos great for gambling, they bring plenty of top-quality entertainment and offer some tasty restaurants.
4. You can cheer for the Reno Aces.
Spend the day at the ballpark with the AAA Reno Aces.
5. Reno starts its rodeo off right.
What better way to start a rodeo than with a five-day, 100-mile cattle drive?
6. There are plenty of cultural offerings in Reno.
The Nevada Museum of Art showcases modern and contemporary art. The A.V.A. Ballet Theatre brings dancers from around the world to Reno. The Reno Philharmonic Orchestra is the largest in northern Nevada. These are just three examples of the fine arts and entertainment in Reno.
7. Reno is just a half hour from Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe is a gorgeous place for recreation, but the cost of living there is high. Reno is much more affordable, but close to one of the most beautiful lakes in the country.
8. You’ll find plenty of hiking in Reno.
Plenty of hiking trails in the forests of the Sierra Nevadas. Galena Creek Nature Park is just one example.
9. You can see the stars in Reno.
Vegas might have the movie stars, but the Fleischmann Planetarium at the University of Nevada Reno has REAL stars.
10. There’s a beautiful river walk, right through the city.
The Truckee River Walk is a beautiful place for a stroll. See little sculptures and fountains, shops and restaurants.