Have you ever glanced at a photo and immediately recognized who or what was in it without reading its caption first? Nevada is home to many top tourist spots and historical landmarks. Listed below are 15 images all Nevadans should be able to immediately recognize.
1. Las Vegas Strip
The Las Vegas Strip is approximately 4.2 miles long and is internationally known for its resort hotels and casinos.
2. Hoover Dam - Boulder City, Nevada
Hoover Dam was built during the Great Depression and is visited by nearly one million tourists a year.
3. Sand Harbor at Lake Tahoe
Sand Harbor is Lake Tahoe's finest beach.
4. U.S. Route 50
The Loneliest Road in America
5. Stratosphere Tower - Las Vegas, Nevada
At 1,149 feet high, the Stratosphere Tower is the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States.
6. Pyramid Lake - Washoe County, Nevada
Pyramid Lake covers approximately 125,000 acres, making it one of the largest natural lakes in Nevada.
7. Tonopah Cemetery - Tonopah, Nevada
Tonopah Cemetery was established in 1901, making it more than 100 years old.
8. Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area - Clark County, Nevada
Red Rock Canyon was designated as Nevada's first National Conservation Area.
9. Area 51
Many conspiracy theorists believe that the remains of crashed UFO spacecrafts are stored here.
10. Great Basin National Park - White Pine County, Nevada
This national park is known for its groves of ancient bristlecone pines and the Lehman Caves.
11. Valley of Fire State Park - Overton, Nevada
Valley of Fire is Nevada's oldest and largest state park.
12. Ghost Town of Rhyolite
Rhyolite began in early 1905, and its ruins are a popular tourist attraction.
13. Bellagio Hotel & Casino - Las Vegas, Nevada
Pictured: Fountains of Bellagio
14. Virginia City, Nevada
Virginia City is where the 1859 discovery of the Comstock Lode, the first major silver deposit discovery in the United States, took place.
15. Mt. Charleston (Charleston Peak) - Spring Mountains / Clark County, Nevada
With an elevation of 11,916 feet, Mt. Charleston is the highest mountain in both the Spring Mountains and Clark County.
All of these images are pretty recognizable, right? If the captions hadn’t been included with these images, would you have been able to recognize the photo subjects? Let us know in the comments below!