Are you currently thinking of moving to Nevada? If so, there are several surprising things about the Silver State that you may not already be aware of. Let’s take a look at 14 of these surprising things.
1. In Nevada, you can gamble at just about anywhere.
You won't have any trouble finding slot machines in grocery stores, airports, gas stations and of course inside any casino.
2. Nevada's outdoor adventures are endless.
So, whether you enjoy activities such as hiking, biking and fishing, you can do it all here in the Silver State.
3. Nevada is quite haunted.
A couple of notable haunted locations in Nevada include the Goldfield Hotel, Silver Queen Hotel and Mackay Mansion. Pictured: Silver Queen Hotel, Virginia City
4. The state of Nevada is rich in history and culture.
Silver mining began in Nevada with the discovery of the Comstock Lode, which was the first major silver-mining district in the U.S.
5. Nevada has dry heat.
6. It also snows in the Silver State.
Many people are surprised by this.
7. There are many different types of cultures in Nevada.
The culture that's depicted the most is the Native American culture, which includes the Paiute, Washoe and Shoshone tribes.
8. Nevada is home to 133 beautiful golf courses.
Many of these courses are some of the best in the country. Pictured: Wolf Creek Golf Club, Mesquite
9. There are many beautiful mountains scattered throughout Nevada.
Nevada is the most mountainous U.S. state. Pictured: Mount Wheeler
10. Nevada offers every type of food you can possibly imagine.
If you're a picky eater like myself, Nevada is the perfect place to be.
11. After moving to Nevada, you might spot an alien or two.
Nevada has the second-highest percentage of UFO sightings per capita in the country.
12. Nevada is home to the most BEAUTIFUL parks!
Many of them are also some of the best in the country. Pictured: Floyd Lamb Park, Las Vegas
13. In Nevada, mostly within the Las Vegas and Reno areas, you'll enjoy a wide variety of entertainment.
Some of Nevada's entertainment options include concerts, stand-up comedy acts, magic shows and sporting events.
14. Nevada's museums are the BEST!
Whether you're interested in history, art or pop culture, Nevada definitely has a museum for it. Pictured: National Automobile Museum, Reno
What do you think about Nevada now? Did this list help make up your mind about moving to the Silver State? Let us know in the comments below!