Nevada December 05, 2015
13 Things You’ll Remember If You Grew Up In The 80s In Nevada
Without a doubt, growing up during the 80s was the absolute best! It was definitely the greatest decade to be a kid! And even though some of the fads were a bit on the crazy side, the 80s produced some of the best toys, movies, music and electronics.
If you grew up in Nevada during the 80s, here are 13 things you’ll probably remember:
1. Some of the most sought-after toys during the 80s consisted of Cabbage Patch Kids...
2. If you were anything like me, you probably begged your parents for the brand new Nintendo Entertainment System and spent hours playing it.
3. And until your parents finally agreed to buy you the Nintendo, you probably spent countless hours in the local arcade.
4. Your Saturday mornings consisted of eating this while watching your favorite cartoons. Well, that is until your parents finally made you go outside.
5. Once outside, you probably spent hours riding one of these and was always late for dinner.
6. The 80s had the wildest hairstyles! Mullets...
and side ponytails. Oh my!
7. And we mustn't forget that no hairstyle was ever complete without Aqua Net.
8. Remember the many hours we spent trying to solve the Rubik's Cube? We can't all be as lucky as this guy!
9. Owning a tie-dyed shirt during the 80s was an absolute MUST!
10. You either listened to your favorite songs on one of these...
or you wore your couch out while watching MTV.
11. During the 80s, nothing compared to renting a movie from the local video store and watching it on the family television set. Most every household had a VCR during this time.
12. Denim jackets and neon colors were CRAZY popular during the 80s!
13. The 80s brought us the hit film E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial...
and introduced many of us to the delicious candy Reese's Pieces. For that, we'll be forever grateful!
If you grew up in Nevada during the 80s, what are some of your fondest memories?