The Christmas season is in full swing and there’s no better place to be than right here in Nevada. Festive parades, spectacular light displays and magical train rides are just a few of the many activities you can enjoy in Nevada this holiday season. Without a doubt, a Nevada Christmas is the absolute best and here are 12 reasons why:
1. Our Christmas trees are downright AMAZING!
Cal Neva Lodge - Crystal Bay, Nevada
The District at Green Valley Ranch - Henderson, Nevada
The Venetian - Las Vegas, Nevada
2. Our residents have got this decorating thing down pat!
A festive home in Henderson, Nevada.
3. Even Governor Sandoval...
Governor's Mansion Christmas Lights - Carson City, Nevada
4. and local businesses are getting in on the holiday decorating fun.
A beautifully decorated antique shop window in Boulder City, Nevada.
5. If you have children, or want to be taken back to your childhood, you can hop aboard the Polar Express for the journey of a lifetime.
Nevada Northern Railway - Ely, Nevada
6. During the holidays, the Ethel M Botanical Cactus Garden outshines all other cactus gardens.
Ethel M Botanical Cactus Garden - Henderson, Nevada
7. Oh, and their chocolates are positively DELICIOUS! Be sure to pick some up before you leave.
Ethel M Chocolates - Henderson, Nevada
8. Our Christmas parades are the BEST, whether they're on the streets...
Downtown Virginia City
9. or on the water.
The Lakes Festival of Lights (Electric Light Boat Parade) - Las Vegas, Nevada
10. During Christmastime, we can take to the slopes...
Heavenly Ski Resort - Lake Tahoe, Nevada
11. or to the ice rink whenever we're craving some winter fun.
The Ice Rink at The Cosmopolitan - Las Vegas, Nevada
12. And finally, but definitely not least, Christmas in Nevada is the absolute BEST because even though many distractions surround us, our ultimate focus will ALWAYS be family.
After all, family is the TRUE meaning of Christmas!
What are some of the things you love most about a Nevada Christmas? Share your thoughts with us below!