There are some very strange things in Nevada. (There’s no doubt about that! )There is absolutely no telling what you’ll find here. Let’s take a look at 14 very strange things that can be found right here in Nevada.
1. Fly Geyser - Washoe County, NV
It's not every day you see a geothermal geyser!
2. Area 51 Black Mailbox - Rachel, NV
This is a popular place to spot UFOs near Area 51. UFO hunters flock here!
3. Clown Motel - Tonopah, NV
Is there anything creepier than a clown motel?
4. Old Tonopah Cemetery - Tonopah, NV
Yep! A clown motel that sits right next to a cemetery. YIKES!!!
5. The Last Supper Sculpture and Lady Desert Sculpture - Rhyolite, NV
These two sculptures are part of the Goldwell Open Air Museum and are CRAZY WEIRD!!!
6. VW Beetle Spider - Mound House, NV
Well, this is even WEIRDER!!!
7. Giant Poker Chips - Reno, NV
If you get tired of walking all day in Reno, all you've gotta do is plop down on a pile of giant poker chips.
8. $28.2 Million Popeye Statue - Wynn Las Vegas
Steve Wynn pays security guards to keep a watchful eye on this statue 24/7. Well, I should hope so!!!
9. International Car Forest of The Last Church - Goldfield, NV
Where else can you find a bunch of weirdly painted cars stuck into the dirt nose first?
10. Big Bovine of the Desert - Amargosa, NV
When was the last time you saw a cow in the desert? Or better yet, a large fiberglass cow?
11. Toilet Paper Hero of Hoover Dam - Boulder City, NV
This statue immortalizes one of the builders of Hoover Dam. One of his many jobs was to make sure toilet paper was always stocked.
12. Tom Kelly's Bottle House - Rhyolite, NV
This was the largest bottle house of three built in the small ghost town of Rhyolite - made mostly of beer bottles.
13. Tufas of Pyramid Lake - Washoe County, NV
Even though these are some of the Earth's most spectacular tufa deposits, I still find them to be VERY ODD!!!
14. Flaming Praying Mantis - Las Vegas, NV
It's not every day you stumble across a giant sculpture of a praying mantis that spits fire from its antennae. VERY STRANGE!!!
This is just a short list of the many strange things that can be found throughout Nevada. What strange thing(s) did I miss? Let me know in the comments below!