Nevada October 08, 2015
10 Undeniable Reasons Why The World Wouldn’t Be The Same Without Nevada
Of course Nevada is the greatest state, but have you ever sat back and thought about what the world would be like if this great state didn’t exist? It would be VERY DIFFERENT to say the least, and here are 10 undeniable reasons why:
1. Nevada may not have given us Samuel Clemens, but it gave us Mark Twain. While working for the Territorial Enterprise (1862 to 1865), Nevada's leading newspaper, Samuel Clemens took the pen name "Mark Twain." I can't imagine a world without the fine literary works of Mark Twain.
2. Without Nevada, we wouldn't have the Hoover Dam, which was built during the Great Depression and is one of the "7 Wonders of the Industrial World."
3. Speaking of the Hoover Dam, the workers had to wear some type of head protection. This is how hard hats were introduced. Thanks to Nevada, we have a great way to protect our head in dangerous situations.
4. Nevada is the most mountainous state, with more than 300 beautiful mountain ranges. Imagine for a moment that Nevada doesn't exist and you aren't able to enjoy these beautiful mountain ranges. Pretty depressing, huh?
5. Nevada is the most gold-producing state. If this state didn't exist, our jewelry boxes would probably be a little empty.
6. America's largest silver deposit, the Comstock Lode, was discovered in Nevada in 1859. Without this discovery, there's no telling what America's silver mining history would've entailed.
7. Without Nevada, there's no Las Vegas. Without Las Vegas, the world misses out on the BEST entertainment EVER!!!
8. Nevada was the first state to ratify the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution that prohibits the federal and state governments from denying the right to vote based on the citizen's color, race or previous condition of servitude. If Nevada hadn't been the first state to ratify this amendment, would the other states have come forward first? This is such an important part of U.S. history. Bravo Nevada!!!
9. The FOOD! Oh yes...the FOOD! Did I mention the FOOD? Nevada is the ultimate melting pot when it comes to cuisine. Any type of food you're craving, you'll find it somewhere in Nevada. Guaranteed! Now, imagine if Nevada was non-existent and these wonderful food choices were taken away. Bummer, huh? Thankfully, Nevada does exist, so no worries!
10. Nevada is best known for gambling. You can't walk 20 feet without running into a slot machine. They're EVERYWHERE! Without Nevada, would gambling be as popular somewhere else? Hmm...
Are there any other reasons why the world wouldn’t be the same without Nevada? If so, please share them with us in the comments below!