Our state brings its own set of fun and challenges to any childhood. Not everyone will have the exact same experiences, but these are 12 thoughts we’re pretty sure every Nebraskan has while growing up.
1. When Your Parents Said "Get Your Shoes On - We Have to Go Into Town"
"Ugh, I'm going to be stuck in the car ALL DAY now. Maybe I can convince them to buy me some candy."
2. The First Time You Visited Lake McConaughy (Or Any Huge Lake)
"We have oceans in Nebraska?!"
3. In the Hottest Part of Summer
"Is it winter yet?"
4. In the Coldest Part of Winter
"I really miss summer."
5. The First Time You Drank Kool-Aid
"We can all just drink this instead of water from now on, right?"
6. When You Went to the Fair Every Fall
"I'm going to eat ALL of the junk food, and then I'm going to ride ALL of the rides. Even the upside-down-spinny one!"
7. When Snow Was In the Forecast
"COME ON, SNOW DAY!"
8. On a Snow Day
"No school! I'm going to find the biggest hill to sled down all day!"
9. The First Time You Saw a Rodeo
"I'm definitely going to be a cowboy when I grow up."
10. When All of the Grownups Were Watching the Huskers Play on TV
"I have no idea what's going on, but yelling is fun so I'll just cheer when everyone else does."
11. When Thinking About the Future
"I'm going to leave Nebraska someday."
12. When on Your Way Home From an Out-of-State Vacation
"Has Nebraska always been this beautiful?"
What are some of the common thoughts you remember from your childhood in Nebraska?