Nebraska October 21, 2015
24 Times The Sun Made Nebraska The Most Beautiful Place On Earth
If you want to get very technical about it, the sun is really the only thing that ever makes anything on Earth beautiful…since nothing would exist without it. 🙂 But in a more artistic sense, these photographs capture our star illuminating our state in a way that can only be described as “dreamy.”
1. You can almost feel the warmth of the sun in this picture of Pine Ridge.
2. The sun Illuminates a morning storm in York, making it look almost like an explosion.
3. The sun illuminates some ethereal early-morning fog.
4. A nice fall drive is illuminated by a slightly chilly-looking sunset.
5. A setting sun gives these bare trees second lives in their reflections on the water.
6. A golden sun kisses a farm's ground and equipment.
7. Winter ice turns into sparkling tree ornaments in the dazzling sunlight.
8. Kids play in the water at Wagon Train Lake as the sun gently sets behind them.
9. A powerful winter sun pierces through the bare trees in this portrait.
10. Spikes of sunlight hit the water at Branched Oak Lake just before a sunset storm.
11. This campfire at Lake Minatare is no match for the beautiful sunset behind it.
12. These rays shooting out across the sky look like beacons calling for everyone to look up.
13. A talented photographer uses a sunset and the Nebraska landscape to create an almost-supernatural scene.
14. A nearly-neon sky at sunset.
15. An old building wakes up on this hazy morning near St. Mary.
16. What we wouldn't give for a sunset swim in the warm weather at Elwood Reservoir...
17. What a gorgeous double sun flare over the Missouri River near Verdel.
18. The sun sets the sky and water on fire at Yankee Hill Lake.
19. The sun spreads its rays across a pastel sky as it sets for the night.
20. An explosive sunset lights up the sky over Norfolk.
21. An exceptional sunset illuminates the sky rather than the ground near Lorton.
22. Creamy clouds above a lonely road are lit up by a distant sun.
23. Good morning, Scottsbluff!
24. This picture from Wehrspann Lake is so perfect it looks like a scene from a movie.
Have any great photos you’d like to share? Be sure to post them on our Facebook page or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.