Nebraska October 16, 2015
Part 3: What These 25 Nebraska Photographers Captured Will Blow You Away
Photographs of our beautiful Nebraska never get old, no matter how many we see. This week’s collection of reader-submitted photos includes plenty of pictures of the sun since we’re seeing less and less of it every day as we creep toward the colder part of the year. Thanks to everyone who continues to share their terrific photos with us!
1. The summer rain turned this scene into an emerald-colored paradise.
2. A delightfully idyllic scene in the countryside.
3. This butterfly stops for a quick drink in Syracuse.
4. This scene is so much like a fairy tale it's almost hard to believe it's in Nebraska, but it was taken in Schramm Park.
5. The photographer says of this picture, "Once a prairie home." We can only imagine the stories it could tell.
6. The amazing cerulean sky at Turtle Beach in Marquette.
7. This sunset in Arnold is positively magical.
8. Just look how the pink of the sunset outlines those clouds - spectacular!
9. The sun turns the sky a vibrant orange over Conestoga Lake.
10. This old abandoned building doesn't look sad at all - it looks like it holds decades of memories.
11. A unique view of a warm sunset as the photographer rides away from it.
12. Can't you just hear the train whistles in the distance?
13. These hay bales catch the sun's gentle golden rays in a field - a comforting sight for native Nebraskans.
14. This beautiful sunset picture could be a postcard!
15. The sky and water in this picture look almost perfectly glass-like.
16. This unique view of a summer day on a farm was captured near Seward.
17. We don't know what magic Kyle used to create this image of Columbus, but it's absolutely incredible!
18. Is there anyone in Nebraska whose dad or grandpa didn't have one of these in the garage or barn?
19. This sunset over a lake looks just like cotton candy.
20. This looks like the most inviting place to sit and watch the world go by.
21. This long road is obviously the beginning of a magical journey to somewhere....
22. What a lovely view of tidy crop rows near Valparaiso!
23. The photographer's comment on this one? "Perfect timing!" We have to agree.
24. The colorful reflected sky at Yankee Hill Lake looks like something out of a sci-fi movie.
25. The dizzying wooden steps at Ponca State Park.
As usual, we welcome your photo submissions! Post them on our Facebook page or email them to email@example.com.