Nebraska January 26, 2016
22 Photos That Prove Rural Nebraska Is The Best Place To Live
Living in rural Nebraska comes with a multitude of benefits: no traffic, not much noise, friendly neighbors (or maybe no neighbors) and, of course, incredible scenery. These are some of the sights that make rural living really special.
1. Roads seem to stretch on forever.
2. ...And so do the fields.
3. You can see relics of a bygone era.
4. ...Or appreciate the beauty in a modern working farm.
5. There's something really sweet about a hand-painted county sign.
6. Ditto for this town sign.
7. Business signage is no-nonsense and to the point.
8. Life moves at a slower pace, even "in town."
9. Old, abandoned barns are always beautiful to look at.
11. Abandoned houses take on a sweet, romantic feel that they just wouldn't have in the city.
12. There's something very Nebraska and very beautiful about old windmills.
13. You can find itty-bitty towns like Strang, a community of 29 people.
14. This building was once used as Strang's school, but is now empty.
15. Barns repurposed into other uses are just lovely.
16. You can see quirky little details like this decoy horse and man in a field.
17. No one seems to be in a big rush to make everything look shiny and new.
18. Buildings are allowed to show their age, like old men showing their wrinkles when they smile.
19. The big sky provides a gorgeous backdrop for rural architecture.
20. Who could forget all of the sweet animals you get to see in rural Nebraska?
21. Out here, even farm implements look special and intriguing (and provide the perfect setting for a lovers' kiss).
22. And of course, the sunsets - unimpeded by tall buildings, they're completely swoon-worthy out here.
What’s your favorite part of rural Nebraska? Let us know in the comments.