We’ve made it pretty clear that we think Nebraska is just about the greatest place ever – and you seem to agree. There are endless reasons to think that Nebraska is the greatest, but here are some of the things that our state is actually the best at.
11. We have an extremely low unemployment rate.
Last year at this time it was the lowest in the country. We've been narrowly edged out by ND now, but we'll rise to the top (or bottom, as it were) again.
10. We have more underground water reserves than any other state.
We're right on top of the richest part of the Ogallala Aquifer. This means we've got some of the freshest drinking water in the nation.
9. We're the number one cattle feeding state.
Cattle are big business for Nebraska; we've got 2.46 million of them in feedlots. Suck it, Texas.
8. We have some of the top rated state parks in the country.
Ok, we might be cheating a little here because we aren't technically number one. But three of our state parks are in the nation's top 10, so we're counting it as a win.
7. We have more miles of rivers than any other state.
That means more opportunities for river fun!
6. Huskers fans were rated the most loyal in the country.
Business Insider arrived at the ranking in part due to the fact that Memorial Stadium has been sold out for every single home game since 1962. Wow.
5. UNL was rated the top college for tailgating.
It probably had a lot to do with this guy, his chest hair, and the killer party they throw before every game.
4. The Nebraska Volleyball team walked off with the 2015 NCAA Championship title.
The women's volleyball team crushed it all the way to the top and came out champions. Way to go, ladies! (This picture is not of the 2015 team.)
3. We've got the best zoo in the world.
It's not just us who think so - it's been rated tops on all kinds of lists for years. If you haven't visited yet, it really is a must-see destination.
2. Omaha was rated the #1 city to raise a family in America.
A number of factors went into this ranking, and we have to agree - when compared to cities of similar size, Omaha really is the best place for a family.
1. Nebraska has been ranked the overall best state to live in.
These things are always a little subjective and dependent on the data, but when the website HomeSnacks put us at the top of the pile, we didn't complain.