If you’ve ever considered a move to the Cornhusker State, you might wonder just how well you’ll fit in here. If most of these describe you, chances are that you’ll find yourself very comfortable here in Nebraska.
1. You Enjoy the Simple Things in Life.
A simple walk through the trees and good company is all you really need to be happy.
2. You Know the Value of Hard Work.
You enjoy your off time, but you know you have to earn it by putting in a hard day's work first.
3. You Understand that College Football Season is THE Most Important Part of the Year.
And hopefully you already know that the Huskers are the only team worth loving.
4. You Don't Mind Having Conversations With Strangers.
If you aren't familiar with Midwestern friendliness, you might want to practice smiling as you walk past people on the street. Because in Nebraska you'll get smiles, nods, and full-on conversations from people you've never met.
5. You Have a Genuine Love Affair With Great Steak...
You just had to wipe away a bit of drool after carefully studying that picture for a minute.
6. ...But the Sight of Garden-Fresh Vegetables is Just as Appetizing.
Meat is probably your top priority at mealtime, but you know that everything tastes better when accompanied by veggies grown fresh in your or a neighbor's garden.
7. You Can Deal With (And Maybe Even Enjoy?) Rough Weather.
But don't enjoy it too much, weirdo. We're still pretty fond of our nice days, too.
8. You Think That 55 Degrees is Tee-Shirt Weather.
Basically, if it's above freezing you're losing the long sleeves.
9. You Can Navigate Around Road Work Like a Pro.
Oh, that "Road Closed" sign that just popped up 10 feet ahead of you as you're going 55 down the highway? No big deal - you can expertly maneuver around the construction AND other cars and still make it safely to where you're going.
10. Your Idea of a Dream Vacation is Packing Up the Family and Camping For a Couple of Weeks.
Who needs to spend hundreds of dollars on hotels when you can get an even better view right in the middle of nature for free or next to free?
11. You Can Deal With Summers Full of Mosquitoes.
You aren't afraid to slather yourself in insect repellant, or even to look goofy wearing a mosquito net hat. Whatever makes it possible for you to spend all of your free time outdoors in the summer.
12. You Know a Good Storm is Some of the Best Entertainment Ever.
Who needs TV when there's a thunderstorm on the horizon? Grab the lawn chairs and head outside to watch the clouds roll in!
13. There's No Such Thing as "Grilling Season."
If you have a grill and some food, it's time to fire that baby up...even if you have to shovel a path to get to it.
14. You're Perfectly Happy to Spend Your Whole Day in a Boat...
You're pretty into hanging out on the water. You know you've arrived in life when you're finally able to buy your own boat.
15. ...But It's Even Better When You're Fishing.
A fun hobby that can also keep you eating well? You're so there.
16. You See the Beauty in Wide Open Spaces.
There's a lot of open space here, and only the people who really belong here can see it for how truly beautiful it is.
How did you do? Are you a natural Nebraskan or should you search for a more suitable state? What other attributes make someone a through-and-through Nebraskan?