Nebraska July 15, 2016
17 Undeniable Reasons Why Nebraska Will Always Be Home
For those of us lucky enough to grow up in – or at least spend a large part of our lives in – Nebraska, this is a special place that will always feel like home. No matter how far we may wander, our memories of home will always center around the Cornhusker State. These are some of the undeniable reasons why.
1. Nebraska is consistently ranked as one of the best states to live in...and we can see why.
2. We're right at the heart of the whole country.
3. Our rural scenes could charm absolutely anyone.
4. We get to experience all four seasons (spoiler alert: they're all really, really pretty).
5. The state is positively packed with hiking and biking trails to keep us busy and healthy.
6. We've got an outstanding college football team...and some of the most loyal fans in the country.
flickr/UNL Today - Craig Chandler
7. Some of the best beef you'll ever taste comes from Nebraska.
8. ...And delicious, fresh home-grown produce is available everywhere.
9. Nebraskans value our small, family-owned businesses. They're the lifeblood of our little towns.
10. The lakes and rivers here are honestly some of the prettiest you'll see anywhere in the U.S.
11. You can count on spotting spectacular wildlife here year-round.
12. Nebraska's country roads are just calling out with opportunities for adventure.
13. We have some truly great cities...
14. ...And hundreds of fantastic small towns, all full of personality.
15. Nebraska is home to some spectacular natural wonders.
16. ...And our state parks are overflowing with majestic beauty.
17. Nebraska is full of some of the most surprisingly breathtaking scenery in the whole country.
It’s such a special honor to call yourself a Nebraskan. And being home to
the best people you’ll ever meet has a lot to do with that.