These Fireworks Displays In Nebraska Will Drop Your Jaw
America’s birthday is coming up soon, and that means that fireworks are just around the corner. It seems like every little town has its own unique display. We brought you a list of 2015’s fireworks displays, but we think it’s safe to say that this year’s displays will blow last year’s out of the water…figuratively speaking.
Some more fireworks shows taking place in Nebraska this July Fourth holiday:
7. Norfolk: billed as the “largest fireworks show in Nebraska” – July 2nd, 25th & Skyview Lake, 9:45 pm. Turn your radio to 94 Rock (94.7), US 92 (92.7) 106 KIX (106.5) or Lite Rock (97.5) to listen to the accompanying soundtrack.
8. Harlan County: July 4th, Harlan County Lake in Alma, dusk.
9. Kearney: Big Igloo Freedom Fest Carnival & Fireworks, July 2nd, Grace Fellowship, 4305 19th Ave. Carnival starts at 5pm; fireworks start at 10pm.
10. Alliance: July 4th, Laing Lake, 7pm to 9pm.
11. Adams: July 2nd, Adams City Park, fireworks after the baseball game.
12. Arnold: July 4th, Old Mill Park, dusk.
13. Scottsbluff: July 4th, 8:30pm to 10pm, top of the bluff. No personal vehicles are allowed on top of the bluff after 7:00pm, so shuttles will be available to take spectators up and down. Bring a flashlight and drinking water.
14. Valentine: July 4th, Cherry County Fairgrounds, dusk.
15. Doniphan: July 3rd, NE Trap Shooting Assn Grounds, dusk.
16. North Platte: July 4th, view from the Golden Spike Tower at dusk.
17. Grand Island: July 4th, Fonner Park, 10pm. Turn your radio on to any of these stations for synchronized music: KRGI 96.5 FM – (Country 96), KKJK 103.1 FM (2DAYFM), or KRGY 97.3 FM – (The Wolf).
18. Columbus: July 3rd, AG Park, 822 15th St, 6:00pm – 10:00pm.
19. Elwood: July 4th, Elwood City Park, dusk.
20. Blair: July 4th, Dana College Campus, 8:00pm – 10:00pm.
21. Gothenburg: July 4th, Rodeo Arena. The fireworks show caps off the two-day annual Gothenburg Pony Express Rodeo; the show starts after the rodeo on the 4th.
22. Johnson Lake: July 3rd, at the lake, 10:00pm.
23. Ogallala: July 4th, Western Diamonds Sports Complex, dusk.
24. Brownville: July 4th, events all day, fireworks at dusk.
25. Crawford: July 4th, Crawford Rodeo Grounds, fireworks following the rodeo.
26. Murray: July 4th, Young Park, approximately 9:45pm.
27. Papillion: Get three times the action at Werner Park with fireworks on July 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, following the games on each day.
28. Maxwell: July 4th, Maranatha Bible Camp, festivities including a cookout and live music start at 2:00pm; fireworks start at 8:00pm. $10 admission fee.
29. Hastings: July 4th, Brickyard Park Amphitheatre, fireworks at sunset following a free concert. Donations are appreciated to help fund next year’s show.
Although we know this list doesn’t cover every last display in the state, these are some of those fireworks shows that you should definitely make time for this holiday.
In most cases, personal fireworks are not allowed at the shows. Some events may require an admission fee. Please check with the local chamber of commerce or event venue for any questions about any of the events listed here.