Montanans are definitely a special kind of people. Not everyone can (or should) live here. It takes a good mix of moxie and laid-back attitude to be a proper Montanan, right? In case you were wondering, here are 10 undeniable ways you know you’re from the state of Montana.
1. This is your idea of nightlife.
If you wanted clubs and raves, you’d be a city slicker. This is just right, thank you very much.
2. Your freezer has elk, bison and trout in it...
Why stick to boring hamburger when you can eat elk burger?
3. ...and you shot/caught it yourself.
Because self-reliance is a thing here.
4. You've ridden a bike in weather like this.
Because why wouldn't you?
5. You know how to fix stuff...
That good, old self-reliance thing again. Your mom and dad taught you early how to change a tire, fix a faucet and quiet a squeaky hinge.
6. ...and you’re happy to help others, too.
When you see someone who needs a tire changed, you’re right there and willing to help.
7. You love the outdoors.
Why in the world would you live here if you didn’t? With all this natural beauty everywhere, Montanans don’t waste a lot of time in front of the television.
8. If you’re female, you don’t take kindly to stereotypes.
Ok, so we women can’t grow beards...but we can hunt, hike, fish, fix things and basically do anything the guys do...and just as well!
9. You know how to grow a beard.
If you’re a guy in Montana, you’re lucky because you have a built-in method of keeping your face warm.
10. You know all the best spots to get huckleberry pie.
With a side of huckleberry ice cream, of course.
12. You own a cowboy hat and boots.
Sure, you might not wear them every day (but then again, you might). But you find plenty of opportunities to wear both.