Missouri October 11, 2015
Part 2: What These 20 Missouri Photographers Captured Will Blow You Away
Thanks again for all the submissions we have received from you, our readers! There were so many and it was so hard to choose, but here are a few of the ones that struck a chord with us for whatever reason. Enjoy!
1. John Christeson Jr. shot this incredible view of St. Louis' City Garden at night.
2. Thank you to Jessica Yankey for sharing this photo of a sunrise near Richland, taken September 24, 2015.
3. Old Village Mercantile Store, Caledonia MO, taken by Paula J Jones.
4. I love this shot taken at Shaw Nature Reserve by Peggy Franz.
5. Ho Pham got this capture of the sun peeping through the trees at Tower Grove Park in St. Louis.
6. This mesmerizing shot by Anita Kimball at the Conservation Dept Headquarters in Bates County pulls you in.
7. Another beautiful sunset at Lake of the Ozarks. Taken by Rick Eldridge.
8. Dennis Inman shared this capture of
Montauk State Park near Salem. Photo taken by BJ Norris.
9. A Taum Sauk waterfall is represented in this submission by Sandra Palmer.
10. Love the reds and oranges in this photo by Gary Barnett!
11. Another one by Peggy Franz from the Shaw Nature Reserve.
12. Submitted by Marc Bounds. See his comments below...
"Hi, 'Just Call Me Paul' and I'm a cross country cross carrier, born and bred in Missouri! Currently I am walking through Warren County on my way to California, God willing! I started a couple weeks ago in Lincoln County and walked through St Charles County to here just west of Warrenton MO. My support team and I plan to travel West along I-70 service roads to US Hwy 54 West, to US Hwy 65 South, to Springfield catching US Hwy 60 to all points west... Stop and say hi and invite me to church any time. I'm hoping to make southern California by late spring just in time to make my way north to the Pacific Northwest, before making my way back home to Missouri.
Previously I walked from Tulsa OK to Washington D.C. by way of Oklahoma,Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia.
So I'll see you on the highways and in the hedges! God bless Missouri!"
13. Near Butler, shot by Curtis Vail II.
14. Thank you for this submission by Peggy Wheatley Bishop. Alley Mill and Story's School House, Eminence.
15. Sunrise on the Mississippi, by Jim Campbell.
16. This amazing photo is by Ken Trudeau, who says, "Sunsets are enjoyable in Pacific Missouri on top of the sandstone bluff, in the Fall."
17. Thank you to Joe Lee McKinzie. Taken at Shell Knob, September 15th.
18. Beautiful close-up shot of a Bald Eagle, taken at the St. Louis Zoo by Ilia Rakes.
19. Can't believe the clarity in this shot by Erica Bone of the Black River in Lesterville.
20. Brandy Davis submitted this photo and says, "Taken at the Fort Osage High school. I'm guessing for the Royals game."
Which one is your favorite? I’m partial to #6, #14, and #16. Share in the comments below. Thanks again for your submissions!!! Please continue to share your photos with us!