The competition is building…more and more pictures to choose from each week and the process is getting harder and harder to pick the favorites! THANK YOU. This week we had to narrow it down to 50 first, then again to 25. So many great pictures of this beautiful state!
1. Trail of Tears Park, submitted by Ho Pham.
Love the clarity of both the nearby beach and the distant trees along the water.
2. Writing desk, Lexington Historic Battle site by Niki Kind Conrad.
This is one of several wonderful shots sent in by Niki featuring this location, but this was our favorite.
3. Wild horses, taken in the Two Rivers area, submitted by Margaret Jones, Van Buren, MO.
It's almost as if they are looking at you like you interrupted some important meeting.
4. Round Spring Cave in the Ozark National Scenic Riverways by Patty Wheatley Bishop.
Seeing the cave wall close-up allows you to catch every little detail of the unique formation.
5. Sunset through wheat, August. A. Busch Conservation Area, Defiance, by John Albert Christeson.
It's almost as though the sun is fighting going down. Great contrast with the wheat as well.
6. Along the Katy Trail from Rocheport by Mark Hammond.
Colorful fall colors along an interesting (MKT!) rock wall is truly a unique sight.
7. The water tower at Ha Ha Tonka State Park just outside of Camdenton by Bear Randolph.
Shooting the tower from below gives it an almost ominous feel.
8. Ken Trudeau submitted this photo, and says, “This time of year, patience is needed for the next parking spot at Elephant Rock State Park. The Park is loved by many Missourians.”
Just a perfect shot of a beautiful place!
9. “My pond reflecting the fall foliage. Near Kingsville.” By Rita Hutchings Larson.
Love the reflection of the entire scene including the foliage and the white clouds and blue sky.
10. Huge pine tree at Hawn State Park by Denny LaRue.
An interesting perspective and truly cool shot.
11. Cara Cundiff submitted this photo and says, “Caught this monarch butterfly fueling up for his flight down south at Nathaniel Greene Park in Springfield, Mo”.
Love the color contract of the purple flower and orange monarch.
12. Paddy Creek Wilderness by BJ Norris.
Surrounded by the autumn foliage...great capture!
13. Between Hardin and Millville by Chelsea Lynn.
Is it the sunset or is the world on fire? Amazing image!
14. Sunset on the Gasconade River by Karla Helmering.
Serene and beautiful.
15. On the tracks, O’Fallon, by Nikki Coglan.
An approaching train could be a hard thing to capture so perfectly.
16. Beautiful Missouri sunrise by Steve Turner.
Love the contrast between the bright blue sky, the yellow of the upcoming sun, the white clouds and green Earth. Striking.
17. From rural Carthage by Delores Dermott.
There are so many colors and reflections in this picture. Love the purples, pinks and orange hues.
18. Fall Float on the Current River by Erica Meyer.
Looks like a shot you'd see in a travel brochure. Wanna go? Yes, please!
19. Heather N. Frank submitted this photo and says, “I took this photo a few months ago of a gorgeous sunset in Mt. View”.
The huge sun peaks through the trees giving off such gorgeous reds and oranges.
20. Fall Trout Fishing at Meramec Spring Park by William D. Barrett.
This might be an odd choice, but it's a great capture of a popular fall pastime. The fishermen are so small in comparison to the tree line and the gorgeous fall foliage.
21. Amy Laughlin submitted this photo and says, “It doesn't get any better than this! I took this at sunset Saturday in Kearney MO;)”.
Agreed. I love the tri-color effect of the sun captured behind a thinning tree. Beautiful.
22. Highway U in Irondale by Angie Coffman Doty. She says, “The sky changed every few minutes but at this exact time it was beautiful”.
Almost like a rainbow sunset.
23. Gorgeous Sunday walk at the park in Bolivar by Carrie Alleger Christoph.
Just a perfect image of a fall walk in the park. So many leaves on the ground, yet so many still in the trees.
24. Fall colors creeping up the silo. Taken in rural Scott County by Dawn Griggs Scherer.
Very unique, very cool capture. Lovely.
25. Overlooking the beautiful Current River in Shannon County by Amelia Buford.
One of the best, most sweeping fall scenes we have seen. Amazingly beautiful.
This week’s collection of photos are the best yet! To submit your photo, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Only in Missouri’s Facebook Page! Share your comments below, and keep sharing those photos!!