Missouri September 03, 2015
15 Insane Places You Can Buy In Missouri For Less Than a 1 Bedroom Apartment In NYC
Even within the cities, Missouri’s cost of living is dramatically lower than much of the rest of the country. New York City, on the other hand, is known for being a truly ridiculously expensive place to live. In an article in the New York Times,
What 750,000 Buys You in New York City, Corcoran Group reported that the median cost of a one bedroom apartment in NYC is $710,000. All of these homes are $710,000 or less and feature up to 7,000 square feet of living space, some with acres of land included. While this may still be above the average person’s price range, it’s a way to put in perspective the amount of bang you can get for your buck here in Missouri.
1. 16415 Wilson Creek Ct, Chesterfield, MO 63005. This 4 bedroom, 5 bathroom home offers over 3,647 feet of living space! It also features a finished lower level, a wet bar, and a pool and deck! All for $710,000!
2. 725 S Hickory Terrace, Springfield, MO 65809. For $709,000, you can get this HUGE 7,000 square foot home with 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms! This home is also located on a gorgeous private 3-hole golf course in a gated community and a has a full finished basement that is a living space all on its own at 2430 square feet.
3. 706 Wycliffe Place Ct, Chesterfield, MO 63005. $709,000 will get you this amazing 5 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom home with custom millwork, great room with a wall of windows, fireplaces, wet bar with wine cooler and a deck opening up to a fenced yard with a gazebo, as well as a 3-car garage. The total living space is 4,706 square feet!
4. 1404 1411 Liske Rd, Hermann, MO 65041. Hard to believe this $708,000 lake front home with 8.8 acres of land also comes complete with 2 rental properties! The main house has 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, and a 1704 square foot mostly finished walk-out basement. Also featured on the property is a detached garage and workshop. One of the rental properties has four 1 bedroom units and the other has four 2 bedroom units.
5. 16 Jennycliffe Ln, Chesterfield, MO 63005. This beautiful home in Chesterfield has 3,694 square feet of living space, 5 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, a deck, finished basement, fireplace, barbeque, garden and vaulted ceilings! All for $705,000!
6. 26362 Farm Road 2125, Cape Fair, MO 65624. For $700,000, you can own your very own farm! Situated on 205 acres including two large barns, an indoor riding arena, shop, hay storage, 150 acres of fertile hay fields, springs, ponds, riding trails and campground, as well as 55 acres of marketable timber! The main house is a 2700 square foot home with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.
7. 117 Grand Cru Rd, Blue Eye, MO 65611. 3,065 square foot home in Blue Eye for $700,000 featuring 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, waterfront walk-to, two covered decks, pool and covered cabana, and an additional 10X24 boat slip available.
8. 1100 Kangaroo Ct, Wildwood, MO 63005. Sitting on more than 2 wooded acres, this 4,729 square foot home has 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a great room with truss-beamed cathedral ceiling and a full masonry fireplace. You also get a finished lower level and a beautiful deck with an in-ground pool!
9. 650 Willow Lake Ct, Weldon Spring, MO 63304. $700,000 will also get you this 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom home with 3,228 square feet of living space. Located in a private enclave across from Whitmoor County Club with views of the lake, a 3-car garage and a walkout lower level.
10. 766 Highland Ave, Lexington, MO 64067. You can own 7,000 square feet of history for only $700,000! This 165 year old Antebellum home is listed on the National Historic Registry and features views of the Missouri River and Valley as well as front and back stairs and elevator.
11. 30611 Stonehaven Dr, Warsaw, MO 65355. Log beams & siding plus stone exterior make this 5 bedroom, 3 bedroom home unique. For $699,999, you get three fireplaces, wraparound decks and patios, as well as some of the custom built furnishings!
12. 5462 Eagle Valley Dr, Joplin, MO 64804. This brick home stands on two acres of land in the Eagle Valley subdivision with gated entry. At $699,950, you get 5,000 square feet of living space including 6 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms!
13. 208 Rader Dr, West Plains, MO 65775. This custom built brick home has 5,000 square feet of living space, 5 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and sits on 6.75 acres. For $699,900, it also features an in-ground pool, enormous patio, fireplace and wet bar, as well as a walkout finished basement.
14. 2072 N 23rd Ave, Ozark, MO 65721. $699,900 will get you this 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home with 4,472 square feet of living space. It is in a gated community with access to Finley River and features fireplaces, a screened in porch, a deck with waterfalls, a wet-bar and a 3-car garage.
15. 3934 E Eaglescliffe Dr, Springfield, MO 65809. With 4,263 square feet of living space, this 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom home features a backyard pond, terraced patio, office, enclosed porch, hot tub, fireplace and 3-car garage.
I don’t know about you, but I would happily live in any of these places! What was your favorite and what did you like about it? Share in the comments below.