Missouri August 01, 2015
These 10 Crazy Laws in Missouri Will Leave You Scratching Your Head in Wonder
I mentioned the laws against frightening a baby or feeding beer to an elephant in an earlier post, but here are a few more crazy laws on the books in Missouri.
1. It is illegal to drive with an uncaged bear.
2. If anyone under 21 takes out household trash and there is even a single empty alcohol beverage container, they can be charged with illegal possession of alcohol.
3. In Kansas City, children can buy shotguns...
...but they can't buy a toy cap gun.
4. It is illegal to honk your horn...
...as you might scare horses.
5. Clothes lines are forbidden in Columbia, but hanging your clothes on a fence post is okay.
6. Not sure how or why you would do this, but don't inhale your pipe through the ear or you might land in jail.
7. In Excelsior Springs, you can't throw hard objects by hand...
...AND you are not allowed to worry squirrels
8. Brothel Law says that it is illegal for four or more unrelated women to rent an apartment together.
9. If you are going to sit on any curb in St. Louis...
...leave your bucket of beer at home.
10. Dancing in Purdy is strictly prohibited.
What are some other crazy, silly, or outdated laws in Missouri? Share them below!