1. Wander through the Missouri Botanical Garden.
Check out the Dale Chihuly sculptures and enjoy the gorgeous trees, flowers and plants.
2. Walk on the wild side.
Visit Saint Louis Zoo to see more than 5,000 animals from 700 species. Roam over the 90-acre zoo to choose your favorite. The newest exhibit, Polar Bear Point, opened this winter.
3. Tell stories around the campfire at Waconda State Park.
Stay at one of two campgrounds at Waconda State Park, and bring plenty of firewood - the campfire stories are the best!
4. Play outdoors at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park.
There are plenty of outdoorsy activities at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park. Take the kids fishing, go horseback riding, hiking, or enjoy a bike ride.
5. Go for a picnic at the Caney Mountain Conservation Area.
This 7,899-acre conservation area is perfect for hiking, hunting, biking and bird-watching. Take your lunch and stay for the day.
6. Go kayaking on the James River.
There’s nothing more peaceful than kayaking on one of Missouri’s lakes or rivers.
7. Take a hike at Wallace State Park.
You’ll find four beautiful trails at Wallace State Park, with plenty of benches for relaxing along the way. You can also fish in the six-acre lake.
8. Go bird-watching at Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge.
The Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge has 7,193 acres of wetland for geese, ducks and other birds. You’ll also see bald eagles and up to 400,000 snow geese during migration.
9. Camp at Montauk State Park.
Bring a dozen of your closest friends!
10. Fish at Bennett Springs State Park
The stream at Bennett State Park is stocked nightly; it’s one of the most popular destinations in the state for trout fishing.
11. Ride your bike through Forest Park.
This gorgeous trail through Forest Park in St. Louis begs to be explored.
12. Get drenched at Adventure Oasis Water Park.
Adventure Oasis Water Park, in Independence, opens for the summer on May 28th. The park has something for everyone from ages 2 to 92!
13. Run for a good cause.
You'll find dozens of charity runs all over Missouri - from a 5k to a full marathon.
14. Catch a concert on Art Hill.
Outdoor concerts are the best! Art Hill, at Forest Park, is just one venue for concert goers, but it’s certainly one of the most beautiful.