It’s no secret that life in Mississippi is great. But it’s not all rainbows and butterflies. Mississippians have their own set of struggles to deal with; here are 12 of them.
1. When your car has been sitting in the heat all day and you can’t touch the steering wheel without suffering third degree burns.
2. When you try to go for a walk but every driver stops to offer you a ride.
3. When you go out for breakfast only to be faced with one of the toughest decisions ever – sausage gravy…
4. Or tomato gravy...
5. Or chocolate gravy.
Life in Mississippi sure is tough.
6. When you’re in a hurry and need something you can only find at Wal-Mart.
From running in to everyone you know to horrible parking, a trip to Wal-Mart is never quick.
7. When you visit a restaurant out-of-state and are told they don’t have sweet tea.
8. When it’s the middle of summer, in the middle of the day and your air conditioner breaks.
Here in Mississippi, air conditioning is pretty much a necessity.
9. When you plan on spending the day outdoors but forgot your bug spray.
10. When you try to go on a diet during….
Well, any time. This is Mississippi, a place known for great cooking, so going on a diet at any time in this state is going to be a tough struggle.
11. When you’re in a hurry and pull out behind a tractor.
12. When you want to get some alcohol but live in a dry county.
This one is pretty tough to explain to most out-of-town guests.
The rest of the country can’t even begin to feel our pain. What are some other struggles Mississippians are forced to deal with?