Mississippi July 22, 2015
11 Ways You Can Always Spot Someone From Mississippi…No Matter Where They Are
Think the only way to spot a Mississippian is by their accent? Think again! Check out the list below for signs that you’re in the presence of a Magnolia State resident.
1. When going in somewhere for just a second, they’ll leave their car running – even if no one is in it. Call it a side effect of growing up in a small town.
2. They’ll be dressed like it’s the dead of winter when it is 60 degrees outside.
3. They’ll say “please,” “thank you,” and “excuse me.” Hey, just because they left the hospitality state doesn’t mean they’ve left their manners behind.
4. An extension of being raised with manners, Mississippians will hold the door open for you.
5. They’ll be able to fix anything, anywhere. Don’t have tools? No problem! They’ll fashion something out of whatever is on hand.
6. You’ll hear them ask their waitress for sweet tea, and look completely baffled when they’re told no.
7. And if there’s no tea they’ll ask, “What kind of cokes do you have?”
8. They’ll ALWAYS pull over for a funeral procession.
9. A Mississippian will walk in to a store and ask for a “buggy.”
10. What’s that? An animal running out onto the road? Never fear! Mississippians are masters at dodging animals on the roadways.
11. And lastly, most won’t answer the question, “Are you ready?” with a simple “yes” or “no.”
What’s missing from this list? Add to it in the comments section below!