1. Chinese: Mr. Chen’s Authentic Chinese Cooking & Oriental Market, Jackson
This restaurant is located inside a Chinese grocery, so you know it’s good. It gets high marks from Yelp reviewers for its tasty food, excellent service and great prices. Pictured is Chen's Crazy Spicy Chicken with tofu, peanuts, and jalapenos. 5465 I-55 North Jackson.
2. Cuban: Leo’s Cuban Kitchen, Hattiesburg
Authentic Cuban food that’s got all the bases covered. Sweet plantains, Cuban bread, Cubano...you just can’t go wrong with anything on the menu. 124 Grand Dr. Ste 1030, Hattiesburg.
3. French: Anjou Restaurant, Ridgeland
Delicious French food in a fine dining atmosphere. Trip Advisor reviewers give this restaurant 4 ½ stars. 361 Township Ave, Ridgeland.
4. German: Cannella International Creperie & More, Bay Saint Louis
You’re not gonna believe that you’re still in Mississippi when you visit Cannella’s. The German food is seriously authentic (pictured is Leberknodel with Sauerkraut mashed potatoes and gravy). Of course, leave room for dessert! 1113 Highway 90, Bay Saint Louis.
5. Greek: Keifer’s, Jackson
Everything here is good...but it’s hard to pass up on the gyro. 710 Poplar Blvd., Jackson.
6. Indian: Indian Delight, Hattiesburg
Perfectly-balanced spices make Indian Delight the go-to spot for Indian food in Mississippi. The owner is right there to guide you through the menu, too. 163 Turtle Creek Dr #10, Hattiesburg.
7. Indian: Orchid Indian Cuisine, Gulfport
Authentic, delicious Indian food that won’t disappoint. The naan is simply amazing! 162 Tegarden Rd., Gulfport.
8. Italian: Amerigo, Ridgeland
A romantic little spot with crazy good Italian food. The tiramisu will change your life. 6592 Old Canton Rd, Ridgeland.
9. Japanese: Umi Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, Columbus and Starkville
Great service, with a highly entertaining chef! You’ll love the hibachi and the sushi. Two locations in Columbus and Starkville.
10. Mexican: Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant and Grill, Southaven
Tasty Mexican food and great service! Try the margaritas, too. 1055 Goodman Rd. E., Southaven.
11. Thai: Jutamas Thai, Hattiesburg
Yelp reviewers give this tasty Thai spot 4 ½ stars. The drunken noodles get high reviews, but everything here is delicious. 910 Timothy Ln., Hattiesburg.
There’s no way to include every amazing ethnic restaurant in Mississippi in one list! Tell us about your favorite.