Sure, you can leave Mississippi. You’ll find plenty of other places to live around the country. But we guarantee that if you do, you’ll immediately miss the Magnolia State. You just can’t replace Mississippi’s charm with anything else. Here are 10 reasons why this will always be home.
1. Where else are you going to get a slugburger?
Around here, we know that the only way to eat a burger is to deep-fry it first.
2. How could you ever live in a state without an ocean?
We don't have much coastline, but we treasure what we have.
3. You cheer for either Ole Miss or Mississippi State, and you can't imagine ever switching sides.
That kind of loyalty just never dies.
4. You found your faith here.
More than 60 percent of Mississippians consider themselves "deeply religious."
5. Duck hunting anywhere else just isn't the same.
It's a multi-generational tradition here.
6. Mississippi Mud Pie
I don't care where you go, you're never going to find pie like this anywhere else.
7. We're reminded of our rich history everywhere we turn.
We honor that history, too.
8. Christmas with snow just seems weird.
Why freeze to death while caroling? Mississippi winter weather is perfect.
9. Southern Hospitality
We know how to be gracious, polite and friendly here. The traditions of the Southern Belle will never die.
10. Mississippi is where family is.
Sure, you CAN leave...but why would you want to?