Mississippi December 03, 2015
15 Undeniable Things Every True Mississippian Has Done At Least Once
Sure, all Mississippians are different, but there are some things that we’ve all most likely done at some time or another; here are 15 of them.
1. You’ve eaten the best catfish and barbecue around.
2. There’s a good chance you’ve been to a crawfish boil or two.
3. At some time or another, you almost hit a deer or at least spotted one.
4. You have either cooked with a cast iron skillet or have eaten something made in one.
5. If you have lived in Mississippi your entire life, you’ve undoubtedly wished for snow at some point.
6. You’ve probably complained about the horrible heat and humidity.
7. And the bugs.
8. Whether it was a false alarm or not, you’ve prepared for a hurricane at least once.
9. You’ve most likely experienced the fun that can only be had at a local fair or festival.
10. It's highly likely that you’ve burned your hands on the steering wheel or your thighs on the car seat.
11. At which point, you learned to leave your car running.
12. Or park in the shade…no matter how far away.
13. You’ve bought boiled peanuts, fresh fruit and vegetables, seafood, or some other type of food from a roadside vendor.
14. It’s likely that your tea is in or has been consumed from a mason jar.
15. You’ve eaten ‘mater sandwiches, peanuts in Coke, cornbread in milk, or some other local concoction.
Have you done the things listed? Have something to add to the list? Tell us in the comments section below!