Mississippi October 24, 2015
16 Undeniable Ways You Know You’re From The State Of Mississippi
Growing up in Mississippi has undoubtedly shaped the person you are today. Not so sure? Here are 16 dead giveaways that you’re from the Magnolia State.
1. You’re proud of your state and not afraid to show it.
2. To you, sweet tea is the only kind worth drinking.
3. Bug spray is a necessity at your home, especially during the summer.
4. You know what “nabs” are. And, furthermore, know they go great with a coke.
5. When you hear the word “peanuts,” you automatically think of the boiled version.
6. You’ve exhibited what could only be described as ninja moves after accidentally walking through a spider web.
7. Growing up, you never got to experience a snow day.
8. Only Mississippians would know there isn’t a simple answer to the question, “Are you ready?”
9. After going through so many hurricanes, you know the importance of prepping when there’s a storm brewing.
10. You probably shot a gun before you drove a car.
11. If the word “trail” is mentioned, your mind instantly goes to the Blues or hot tamales.
12. You know what this is and have eaten too many to count.
13. If catfish is being served, you assume it’ll be fried. Otherwise, what’s the point?
14. You undoubtedly know where to get the best slugburger.
15. The mere thought of relaxing on a porch swing is pure bliss.
16. Living without a cast iron skillet is completely out of the question.
What are some other tell-tale signs of a native Mississippian? Tell us in the comments section below.