Michigan April 23, 2015
15 Ways You Can Always Spot Someone From Michigan… No Matter Where They Are
People from Michigan always seem to know how to give themselves away, no matter where they are. We’ve put together a few ways to tell if you’re in the presence of a Michigander.
15) When they give you crap for not buying American.
14) When they either belong to a GM family...
...A Ford family...
...Or a Chrysler family.
13) But they remember the day exactly when that one uncle switched over to another automaker.
12) When they can tell you just which plant your Chevy was built.
11) When they're not saying Big Mac to refer to the signature sandwich at McDonald's...
...But rather as something you can drive across in Mackinaw City.
10) When they have a habit of correcting you that it's blue and MAIZE, not blue and YELLOW.
9) If they drive 65 mph through an insane blizzard, without batting an eye.
8) When they miss the snow because it fills up the potholes.
7) When they think 60 degrees out is shorts weather.
6) If they only consider it a little chilly when the temperature hits ZERO.
5) When they pack for all four seasons... For a weekend trip.
4) When their catch-all cure is Vernors.
3) When they ask for a pop, NOT a soda
2) When they refer to the thumb as a place and not an appendage.
1) They swear the best beaches in the world are on Lake Michigan.
We’re sure there are aspects of your roots that just scream Michigan. Share with us some of your dead-giveaways in the comments.