Massachusetts April 10, 2016
22 Things You Know Are True If You Went To A Small High School In Massachusetts
There’s something so special about growing up in Massachusetts. If you went to a small high school here in the Bay State, you know that the experience led to some of the best friendships and memories you have. Check out these incredibly true things about going to a small high school in Massachusetts.
1. Your graduating class was tiny. Double-digits tiny.
2. And you knew everyone's name.
3. You were kind of envious of your friends at larger high schools because of the fancy facilities they had.
4. You probably didn’t have a football team. But if you did, you were SO obsessed with beating the large high school the next town over. Or next island over.
5. By senior year, everyone had pretty much made out with everyone else.
6. And rumors traveled FAST.
7. When your pool of potential friends is really small, it forces you to learn how to work out problems with the ones you’ve got.
8. Skipping class was a lot harder when the class was only, like, 12 people. Your teacher would definitely notice an empty chair.
9. Your dances weren’t held at the fanciest places. But you thought they were a big deal anyway.
10. Your prom date was probably someone you'd known since kindergarten.
11. You knew it was going to be a good day when you saw this box sitting on your teacher's desk.
12. Your teachers all knew your names, and your parents’ names, too.
13. …because those teachers probably also taught your parents.
14. They sometimes were a little weird, but you loved them for it.
15. There’s also a reasonable chance that your teachers were nuns.
16. Your computer lab (if you had one) was at least a decade behind the times.
17. Your mascot was almost definitely something a little weird, like a “storm” or a “Gael.” But woe to those who made fun of it.
18. There was always that one couple that acted like they were married. And then right after graduation, they actually tied the knot.
19. And a few of your friends were probably in the wedding party.
20. The speeches at graduation actually made you emotional, because you really did feel like a little family by then.
21. But you were still pretty happy to finally be moving on.
22. Even if things felt a little cramped now and then, you wouldn’t trade your small Massachusetts high school experience for the world.
What some of your favorite memories from going to a small high school in Massachusetts? Let us know!