Massachusetts June 19, 2016
16 Places In Massachusetts That’ll Make You Swear You’re On Another Planet
Life on Earth getting you down? Need a quick trip to somewhere a few light-years away? Check out this cool collection of shots from around Massachusetts that will make you feel like this state is actually much more alien than it appears.
1. These glass sculptures by Josiah McElheny at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts absolutely baffle the eye.
2. This shot was taken over White Island Pond in Plymouth and Wareham. The swirling stars makes this a truly otherworldly pic.
3. The MIT+150: Festival of Art + Science + Technology fuses the capabilities of science and the beauty of art. This mesmerizing display looks like aquatic alien plant life.
4. This long exposure shot was taken in Somerville during a blackout.
5. North Andover photographer Steven Guzzardi seems to welcome an invasion of tiny visitors from outer space.
6. This lone firework captured in Somerville delicately bursts across the sky, making you feel a bit like you're about to jump into warp speed journey.
7. This shot taken at an Acton Lake is disorienting to the extreme. Are those rocks hovering? Which way is up?
8. Spring Fest at Brandeis University in Waltham can draw some pretty exotic guests.
9. The Boston Museum of Science is a great place to rub up against otherworldly exhibits, like this alien-looking glass chandelier by Dale Chihuly.
10. Or this whimsical piece, also by Dale Chihuly.
11. In the right light, this decorative grass in Lincoln starts to look like the foamy ocean waves of an alien sea
12. Shot from close up, these seed pods in Northampton look truly bizarre, yet beautiful.
13. A sunset at Eel Pond in Woods Hole can be a truly ethereal experience.
14. Wellesley College greenhouses are filled with fascinating plants, like this odd-looking Philodendron tree.
15. Or this pitcher plant, also at the Wellesley College greenhouses.
16. It's hard not to feel like you're on another world when your state is this beautiful.
Where in Massachusetts do you think looks or feels the most like another planet? Let us know!