Massachusetts May 23, 2016
18 Photos Taken In Massachusetts That You Won’t Believe Are Real
There’s nothing like a truly eye-catching photograph to make you see your everyday surroundings in a whole new light. Check out these spectacular photos taken around Massachusetts that blur the line between reality and art. Some of these shots are of common sights while others are of unique landmarks, but all are truly incredible. Massachusetts definitely lends itself to some insanely great photography.
1. This shot from Outside the Box is incredibly whimsical. Outside the Box is an arts festival held in Boston. The celebration features shining examples of the best music, dance, theater, and culinary arts in the state.
2. The Sandwich Boardwalk looks neverending in this surreal photo.
3. This paddle-boarder at Coast Guard Beach looks like he's walking on the waves.
4. To weary travelers returning to the Commonwealth, Boston's Logan International Airport is a sight for sore eyes. This area is particularly lovely.
5. This view from Horton's Bridge on Granville Road, over the Little River in Westfield is absolutely stunning. The stillness and frosty beauty of the forest contrasts so beautifully with the vibrance of Glen Mill.
6. Birch Pond in Saugus looks like it has captured the sky in its calm waters.
7. This fantastical shot looks like something from a Dr. Seuss book, but these buildings are actually part of MIT!
8. The non-denominational chapel at MIT looks absolutely surreal. The way the light plays across the walls and altar is so beautiful.
9. This is an enchanting shot of the coastal wetlands at Parker River National Wildlife Refuge in Newburyport.
10. A hazy orange sunset over Rockport harbor fills the entire scene with a warm, copper glow.
11. This beautiful shot makes this firework burst look like a brilliant red moon, its light reflected as a surreal pink glow over Scituate harbor.
12. Foggy weather makes this moody shot of power lines in Colrain eerily beautiful.
13. This dramatic shot of Brewster takes a few moments to fully appreciate. The black and white filter makes the clouds look like they are glowing.
14. The big skies, rolling hills and spectacular sunsets of the Berkshires means that every photo has the potential to look unreal.
15. Though this picture of Oak Hill in Fitchburg may look like it's been run through Photoshop, that's just all-natural Massachusetts autumn beauty at work.
16. This shot, aptly titled "Welcome to the Jungle," definitely makes you look twice. Though it was taken in the woodlands surrounding Gloucester, the shot looks like a scene from a tropical forest.
17. Taken at Camp Merriwood in Berkley, this railroad looks like it disappears into nothingness.
18. A stormy sky and twisted knot of driftwood make this Cape Cod beach shot unlike the usual sunny scenes.
Which photograph is your favorite? Do you have any incredible shots of Massachusetts you’d like to share? Let us know!