Living in Massachusetts comes with its own particular quirks, and there are some things that no sane Bay Stater would ever dream of doing. Check out this list of things you will never catch a true native even thinking about attempting.
1. Eating a hot dog on a bun like this…
Puffy, rounded, weird.
2. …rather than this.
Flat-sided, grilled, buttery, perfect.
3. Calling a rotary a "roundabout" or a "traffic circle."
No matter what the GPS says, that there is a rotary.
4. Mistaking Central Massachusetts for Western Massachusetts.
Just because it’s west of Boston, doesn’t mean it’s really Western Mass.
5. Betting against the Patriots.
No matter the odds, Bay Staters know better than to doubt our team.
6. Putting tomatoes in our clam chowder.
What kind of heathen would pollute perfectly delicious clam chowder that way?
7. Wearing Yankees gear publicly in Boston.
It'll get you the wrong kind of attention.
8. Ordering a milkshake and expecting a frappe.
One has ice cream, the other is just….shaken milk.
9. Trying to drive to the Cape on a Friday afternoon.
Getting caught in this mass migration is a painful experience.
10. Not doing a tick check after exploring the woods.
"Can you check me for ticks?" isn’t just a pick-up line around these parts. We grew up with Lyme disease horror stories.
11. Being unprepared for random blizzards.
If you grew up here, you should have a hoard of snow shovels, ice scrapers and hot cocoa ready all winter.
12. Calling anywhere else home.
Massachusetts is beautiful, quirky and forever a part of our hearts.