Massachusetts February 21, 2016
19 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Massachusetts
Ah, love. It’s why we take out the trash in a blizzard and why we keep swiping even after our last match turned out to be an amateur taxidermist who took you to Taco Bell for dinner. If you think you may have found love with someone from Massachusetts, there are a few things you need to know if you want to keep that flame burning.
1. When you first meet, don't expect an outpouring of emotion. New Englanders are known far and wide for their cool exteriors. People from Massachusetts know how to keep a level head and not share their every thought right away.
2. Once you earn their trust, however, be prepared for loyalty.
3. When on a date, don't EVER order them a milkshake. Order them a frappe instead.
4. Your sweet darling might turn into a raging beast on the road. A lady on the street, a freak on the highway.
5. Don't ever wear New York sports gear in public as a joke. It's fine to rep your team and all, but if you think that donning a Yankee's cap just to get some giggles is a good idea, your sweetheart may not agree with you.
6. Get ready to go on all different kinds of dates. People from Massachusetts can have a good time in almost any situation. From chowder festivals to hiking and everything in between, make sure you're open to anything.
7. You'll absolutely need a sense of humor. And maybe a degree in sarcasm.
8. You might as well sign up for a loyalty card because you'll be seeing a lot of pink and orange for the rest of your relationship.
9. And make room in the pantry for some Fluff.
10. Be prepared for them to be unreasonably excited about the fall. It's the brief interlude of comfortable coolness between tourist season and the frozen maw of winter.
11. An apple-picking date is going to happen. Embrace your fate.
12. They might shovel out your car for you, and possibly save your spot with a broken patio chair. That's real love.
13. You'll need heavy-duty winter boots. Because life doesn't stop for a measly four feet of snow and neither does date night.
14. Speaking of which, they have around fifteen winter hats and at least that many bathing suits. When the temperature can drop or rise 30 degrees in a day, you have to have options.
15. At least one of their uncles or aunts has a really heavy stereotypical accent. Be prepared.
16. You two are gonna have to figure out your St. Patrick's Day plans in, like, January. It's a serious holiday around these parts.
17. Ever been on a whale watch? You're gonna go on a whale watch.
18. They're used to the best beaches, schools, sports teams, chowder, etc. Your special someone might be a wee bit spoiled when it comes to some things, but that just means they have good taste. Let them pick the seafood restaurant and you won't be sorry.
19. If you treat them well, they'll be by your side for the long haul. Massachusetts has one of the lowest divorce rates in the country and your darling is not about to mess that up.
What are you best tips for dating someone from Massachusetts? Share with your friends and let us know in the comments!