These 13 Songs About Boston Will Touch Your Soul Today
From Boston’s much loved Irish Punk band known as the Dropkick Murphys to the classic rock group who took the city’s name, there are so many bands who hail from this amazing New England metropolis. Even still, many other bands from all over have been so moved by Boston’s unique culture that they’ve written songs referencing it! While some songs have become fight songs and can be heard echoing through stadiums at just about every Patriots and Bruins game, others are soft ballads paying tribute to the beautiful historic city. Here are 13 songs about Boston that are just so worth a listen!
1. “I’m Shipping Up To Boston” by The Dropkick Murphys
2. “For Boston” by the Dropkick Murphys
3. “Boston” by The Byrds
4. “Boston” by Kenney Chesney
5. “Rock and Roll Band” by Boston
6. “The Boston Rag” by Steely Dan
7. “Dirty Water” by the Standells
8. “Boston” by Augustana
9. “Ladies of Cambridge” by Vampire Weekend
10. “Boston” by The Dresden Dolls
11. “M.T.A.” by The Kingston Trio
12. “Southie Is My Hometown” by Freddie Hall
13. “Girlfriend” by the Modern Lovers
Who would have thought that just one city could inspire so many great tunes? Do you have a favorite song about Boston?