Maryland has its share of cities, but is has even more small towns that often go overlooked. These charming spots move at a slower pace and have some of the most friendly residents you’ll ever meet. Take a look at this list of 13 things that make people from small town Maryland the best people and see if you can relate.
1. They're always willing to lend a helping hand.
Helping neighbors is just a part of growing up in a small, close-knit town.
2. When they make friends, they're usually friends for life.
Although they may move to different regions of Maryland, small town friends remain close.
3. Community is important.
They care about issues affecting the area.
4. They have skills. From handywork to the great outdoors.
Basic life skills are not lost on small town folks.
5. With limited restaurants around, they can most likely make a delicious home cooked meal from scratch.
Crab cakes, anyone?
6. But if it IS a restaurant you seek, they know the best mom-and-pop spots.
No frills. Just scrumptious food.
7. They'll lead you to the best spots among nature.
And you won't have to worry about getting lost because they know every tree, rock, and bush here.
8. They're well-versed in Maryland history.
Small communities know the importance of remembering the past, and knowing where they come from.
9. Family is important.
Family values are strong and appreciated.
10. They appreciate the simple things in life.
They're completely content watching the sunset in all its glory.
11. And they know how to make their own fun.
Growing up in a quieter spot, you learn a ton of different card games.
12. While most of us are rushing through life, they know how to stop and smell the roses.
It's the little things.
13. They know how to build a campfire and best of all, can tell a good story.
Story telling is a lost art.