There’s a variety of things Marylanders will and won’t do. Today, we’re focusing on the won’ts. From ordering crab cakes out of state to driving under the speed limit, here are 11 undeniable things you won’t find a Marylander doing.
1. Order a crab cake out of state.
Even those labeled "Maryland-style crab cakes" are usually a far cry from what we're used to.
2. Smash crabs to pieces with a mallet.
Twist at the joints, use a knife, and save the mallets only for insanely thick claws.
3. Drive under the speed limit.
Maryland drivers are known to be aggressive and speedy, and we will not apologize.
4. Let a little snow stop them from where they need to go.
A dusting of snow in Maryland isn't unusual and unless there's an epic blizzard, odds are we're still driving to work and school.
5. Eat frozen seafood.
With the ocean, bay, and lakes, we prefer fresh - always.
6. Drink a mediocre orange crush.
There is an art to making an orange crush. A poorly-made crush is likely to put us in a bad mood.
7. Complain about the weather.
Most Marylanders embrace all four seasons, no matter how annoying.
8. Stay indoors during summer.
Summer is our time to shine! Crab feasts, trips to the beach, boat rides, and hiking are top priority during warm weather.
9. Take the scenery for granted.
There are an insane amount of natural wonders in the Old Line State. If you haven't visited any, better get started!
10. We will never NOT complain about taxes.
It's a way of life.
11. Complain that there's nothing to do.
Maryland has a little bit of everything. Cities, small towns, festivals, mountains, and more... There's always something to see and do.
What are some other things a Marylander just won’t do? Feel free to share below, and check out
this list of questions you can only answer if you’re from Maryland.