Maryland December 30, 2015
20 Things Everyone MUST DO In Maryland In 2016
With the new year just around the corner, you may already be thinking about how you’ll spend your time. Maryland has plenty of locations and activities to choose from whether you’re looking to take a day trip or try out a new hobby. The list below is full of ideas you won’t regret partaking in this year. Perhaps you’ll want to add a few of these items to your bucket list as well!
1) Visit Smith Island.
If you're looking for a peaceful day trip look no further than Smith Island. This secluded place is full of serenity and old town traditions. Find out more on their website
2) Explore Crystal Grottoes Caverns.
These caverns located in Boonsboro are one of the most unique places you'll ever visit. For more information click
3) Ride the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad.
This is fun for all ages year-round and the best way to view the western mountains.
4) Go antique shopping in Historic Ellicott City.
Spend a day among historic buildings, charming boutiques, and vintage antique shops. Website
5) Discover underwater life at the National Aquarium.
There is something so fascinating about life under the sea and the National Aquarium in Baltimore has it all.
Visit their website
6) Take in the beauty of Swallow Falls State Park.
One of the most gorgeous locations in Maryland, it also has several breathtaking waterfalls. More information
7) Witness the Antietam Battlefield luminaries.
The battlefield displays 23,000 luminaries in honor of each soldier killed, wounded, or missing during the Battle of Antietam. Absolutely gorgeous and a must see. Click
for more information.
8) Bicycle along the gorgeous C & O Canal.
The views of the canal are great and you can find a canal cycling guide
9) Take a stroll through the Ladew Topiary Gardens.
Who doesn't love nature with a dash of whimsy? The gardens are located in Monkton and are one of a kind.
10) Ride in a hot air balloon.
11) Venture to the King and Queen Seat at Rocks State Park.
Located at Rocks State Park, this natural rock outcrop is a spectacular place to view the scenery of rural Harford County. More information
12) Try stand up paddle boarding.
Stand up paddle boards have been trending along the coast for the last few years. You should try it at least once.
13) Take a cruise on the harbor.
Some spots of the inner harbor can only be seen from the water. Visit
for an unforgettable experience.
14) Have a blast at Terrapin Adventures.
15) Pick your own fruits and vegetables at Larriland Farms.
Crops here include strawberries, raspberries, spinach, beets, and so much more! Visit the Larriland
for more information.
16) Go river tubing.
Did you know there are several places in Maryland to go river tubing? We found this great
on locations you can go to spend a day floating down river... in the best of ways.
17) Spend a weekend - or week! - at the beach.
Maryland is blessed with several beaches. Choose one and enjoy every moment.
18) Wet your whistle at Wine In The Woods.
Despite current construction going on at Merriweather Pavillion, Wine In The Woods WILL be back this May! Rather than go to a winery, they all come to you which is simply fantastic.
19) Attend a Sugarloaf Craft Festival.
This festival stops by several places in Maryland throughout the year, the largest taking place in Gaithersburg. Spend a day exploring artisan crafts at
one of these
20) Have a crab feast.
We saved the best item for last. 'Nuff said.
Feel free to share your ideas that are MUST-DO activities in Maryland. The more the merrier! 🙂