No matter your religious affiliation, there’s one thing we can all agree on… jaw-dropping architecture. These 10 churches located in Maryland are full of intricate details that make them appear magical, inside and out.
1) Mt Vernon Place United Methodist Church, Baltimore
This Norman-Gothic-style church is so unique and still standing strong since 1872.
2) St. Mary's Parish, Annapolis
There is absolutely nothing like the interior of this church. It's magical.
3) Baltimore Basilica, Baltimore
This grand structure was built between 1806 and 1821. It has been visited by several popes and welcomes millions of tourists each year.
4) Washington D.C. Temple, Kensington
The interior of the temple is only open to church members. It still ranks on the list for looking like it belongs in another country, and for its famous Christmas display.
5) National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, Emmitsburg
This shrine and basilica pays tribute to Ann Seton, who was the first US citizen to be canonized by the Roman Catholic Church.
6) US Naval Academy Chapel, Annapolis
The chapel dome is an Annapolis landmark and more importantly, is a place for our Naval officers in-training to gain spiritual guidance.
7) First & Franklin Presbyterian Church, Baltimore
This eye-catching church was built between 1854 and 1873. It has tons of gorgeous character inside and out.
8) Christ Church, St. Michael's
The stone exterior and rustic interior of Christ Church gives it a distinct charm.
9) Memorial Chapel, College Park
Located at the University of Maryland, this adorable chapel serves not only as a religious center for students, but is also used for numerous events, including weddings.
10) Saint Bartholomew Church, Manchester
The hanging lanterns combined with the wooden beams give this church refreshing character.
Have you been to any of these churches, or are any of them on your must-visit list? Share in the comments!