As a Marylander, you may have experienced some bizarre things that other locals can relate to as well. Some that are relatable and some that are downright unexplainable. Here are 10 bizarre experiences every true Marylander has had at least once.
1. You've started your day in a t-shirt, only to end up in a hoodie an hour later.
Maryland temperatures are fickle. Make up your mind, Mother Nature!
2. The utter shock when the weather channel calls for a "light dusting" and you wake up to this.
Yet, your boss still expects you to be at work on time...
3. Ordering crab cakes out of state, only to discover there's barely any crab meat in them at all.
NEVER order crab cakes outside of Maryland.
4. Or going to a grocery store in another state and being baffled at the sight of alcohol.
a select few counties in Maryland allow booze in grocery stores, most do not.
5. You've experienced swarms of cicadas and you still have nightmares about it.
The beady red eyes are insanely unnerving.
6. You've had to explain to people that there's so much more to Maryland than Baltimore.
We have mountains, farmland, rivers, waterfalls, and beaches, to name a few...
7. You've witnessed people stop in the middle of a traffic circle.
Road rage fuel.
8. You've yelled "O!" during the National Anthem.
You consider it bad luck not to.
9. You've accidentally ended up in Delaware.
It's happened to the best of us, even if we don't like to admit it.
10. You've sat for over five hours eating steamed crabs.
Out-of-staters may call it crazy; we call it heavenly.
Have many of these things have you experienced? As a Marylander, what other bizarre occurrences have happened to you? Be sure to also check out
this relatable post about Maryland struggles.