Are you ready to discover a delicious Louisiana home cooking restaurant that most people just pass on by? We’ve scoured the state for the most unassuming places to grab amazing Louisiana cuisine on the sly. See how many you’ve visited – and how many you need to put on your list!
1) Country Boy Restaurant, 105 N Highland Dr., Many
This rural favorite has some of the most delicately fried catfish you will find anywhere, and the cooks take care to consistently change out the oil so the taste is always fresh and delicious!
2) Almost Home, 5820 Hwy 1 Byp, Natchitoches
Unlike a traditional all you can eat buffet, this place just offers up all the food, but you can only go through once - but with a price of $8 a plate, it is well worth it. The pork chops here are amazing, as well as all the vegetable sides.
3) Mommie Jo’s Restaurant, 15628 W Main St., Cut Off
This family friendly restaurant serves up delicious cajun favorites like andouille gumbo and boiled crawfish when it is in season.
4) Nobile’s Restaurant, 2082 W Main St., Lutcher
Don't be fooled by the outside - once inside this place, you will be amazed at the incredible cuisine here. The homemade crab cakes are something special, as well as the bread pudding.
5) Johnny’s Po-Boys, 511 St. Louis Street, New Orleans
This French Quarter po-boy spot knows how to make po-boys right and always dresses them perfectly. We think you will fall in love.
6) Brocatos Breakfast and Lunch, 5515 Coliseum Blvd, Alexandria
This delicious neighborhood place offers awesome breakfast plates as well as great sandwiches and plate lunches. Can't go wrong.
7) Liuzza’s By The Track, 1518 Lopez St., New Orleans
The BBQ shrimp po-boy, pictured here, keeps crowds coming back to this neighborhood restaurant and bar, where it's not unusual to see the same folks hanging out there every time you come!
8) Bayou Delight, 4038 Bayou Black Dr., Houma
These crawfish kickers are just one of the amazing cajun treats you'll find at this Houma institution - the boudin balls are delicious as well. You'll be glad you made the trip out of Houma to explore this joint.
9) Blue Light Cafe, 500 S Monroe St, Ruston
This Ruston cafe offers all of your southern cooking favorites in a down home, friendly atmosphere. Don't miss the fried chicken here!
10) Central Po Boy, 587 Central Ave., Jefferson
This tiny little shack in Jefferson may not look like much but inside there are some delicious po-boys with seafood that is all perfectly fried.
11) Grayson’s, 5849 Hwy 71, Clarence
This country bbq spot would be easy to look over - but you would be making a huge mistake. It's one of the best places for ribs in the entire state!
12) A-bear’s Kountry Kitchen, 1218 W Main St. New Iberia
The lunch plates at this restaurant serve up amazing cajun and creole favorites, all perfectly seasoned.
13) Le Café, 124 Rees St., Breaux Bridge
You will be charmed by the waitstaff here, and then wowed by the lovingly prepared food--don't miss the fried catfish!
14) Mom and Pops, Fire Station Rd., Bryceland, LA
Perhaps the most unassuming place on this list, the food offered at the "Bryceland Mall" is some of the best you'll find anywhere in the area!
How many of these delicious restaurants have you already discovered? Which ones did we miss from this list? Let us know in the comments below what you think – we love to hear your feedback!